Chapter 89

- John's POV -

Freddie got out of bed a while ago and he still wasn't back- he probably went to sleep with Phoebe or Maxwell. Part of me wanted to go and find him but the other part of me was still mad at him. 
I listened as someone walked into my room, they got onto my bad and gently smacked my arm until I woke up. 
"Daddy, wake up, please." Maxwell cried while he pulled my blankets off. "Up, daddy, please!" He continued to try to get me out of bed.
"What's wrong? Why are you crying?" I wiped his cheeks with the blankets but he kept crying.
"'Ebee said that-that I had to get you 'cause baba has an ouchie in his tummy." The child sniffled and I held him close to me as I left the room- there was actually something wrong with Freddie. 

I ran down the hallway and I saw Phoebe and Freddie sitting on the floor. My boyfriend was clutching his small bump with one hand and Phoebe's hand with the other.

"What-what's going on?" I asked Phoebe while I grabbed Freddie's hand.
"I honestly don't know. Freddie cried out for me and I found him like this. He keeps saying that it feels like he needs to push." Phoebe's voice trembled as he spoke.

"There's something wrong with-with the baby, John. I-I think we need to go to the hospital." Freddie panted. "If-if we don't go, our baby could die." He was sobbing now.

"Baby die?" Maxwell whispered- he knew about the baby now.
"Phoebe, can you go and get Freddie some pajama pants, please?" He was already wearing a t-shirt, all we needed were the pants. 

Phoebe ran off to our bedroom then he came back with a pair of flannel pants. I tried to pull them onto Freddie but Maxwell was holding on to him. I tried moving the child but it only made Freddie cry harder.

"Do you need me to watch Maxwell for the night?" Phoebe asked while I helped Freddie to his feet.

"No- no, I want Maxwell to come with me." Freddie leaned against the wall with his eyes closed. "I-I need Maxwell with me." He gently patted the child's head while he breathed through another pain.

"Freddie, this will scare him. Look at him, he's scared already!" I motioned to the whimpering child that was latched onto Freddie's leg. 

"P-please, John, I need him." Freddie looked horrified so I agreed to letting the child come.

Phoebe said that he would call the hospital to tell them that we were on our way. I helped Maxwell and Freddie into the back seat then I started driving. 

"There's no blood, John. Th-that's good, right?" Freddie squeaked through tears.

"That's fantastic, Freddie. Just relax for me, okay? We're almost there." I bit my bottom lip to suppress a loud sob. Just because there was no blood didn't mean that our baby was going to be okay. 
"John, please make it stop, it hurts." Freddie cried then groaned through another pain- Maxwell was sobbing into his lap which I assumed made things worse for him.

"I can't really do much from here, love, but I'm almost at the hospital. Hold my hand and squeeze when you're hurting, okay?" I reached back with one hand and Freddie held it.
"Is it your belly? Did you eat too much? Daddy says if I eat too much then I'll get a tummy ache." Maxwell said. I glanced into the back seat and Freddie was nodding at the child with his eyes closed.

"I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry, Peanut, please don't leave us. I love you, I love you so much." Freddie cried to himself. "Please, God, save my baby." I actually started crying when Freddie called our baby by a name.

For the rest of the drive, Freddie squeezed my hand and he cried. He kept calling the baby 'Peanut' and it only made me more upset because he was already getting attached to the baby and there was a chance that we'd be leaving the hospital with one child instead of two.
When we arrived at the hospital, Doctor Stevens and Doctor Johnson were waiting for us. Doctor Johnson had a wheelchair and Doctor Stevens had a couple clipboards.