Chapter 60

- Freddie's POV -

"What-what the hell is that?" Paul dropped the knife - it landed on the metal with a loud clang - when he saw the liquid coming from my rear.

"It's- my water broke. We - fuck - we have to go to the hospital!" I moaned when another pained jolted through my body.

"Oh hell no, I did not sign up for this!" Paul shook his head then he ran out, I was left alone on the fire escape.

I kept trying to tell Maxwell to stop coming but he wouldn't listen.

After the next contraction, I worked up enough strength to get myself off of the fire escape and into the flat. When I was inside, I hobbled to the phone and I dialed the number to Roger's flat- John had to be there.

"Come on, John, answer the phone." I leaned against the wall and I bit my bottom lip while another contraction came, they were getting closer together which was horrifying.

The phone rang twice then the call was dropped.
"What the fuck?" I groaned. "Your turn - oh, Maxwell, please waiting, I'm a little busy right now - your turn, Brian. Someone's going to answer the phone!" I dialed the number to the May's house and I waited for an answer.

"Hello?" Brian answered after the third ring. His voice was really raspy, he must have just woken up.
"Oh, Brian, wonderful! I need- holy shit!" I panted.

"What's going on? Are you okay?" The younger man panicked.

"N-not okay. M-Maxwell isn't waiting until the eleventh." I breathed out. The contraction was over in a matter of seconds, they were getting close but they were still really short- it was still early.

"Freddie, Freddie listen to me, I need you to make sure that the front door is unlocked then sit on the couch and wait. I'll be over in a few minutes." He ordered. I hummed back then he hung up.
I slowly made my way to the couch then I sat down. The only comfortable position was with my legs spread, I sat like that and I waited for Brian. Where the hell was John? 

- Brian's POV -

"Chrissie, I have to go and get Freddie. Can you meet me at the hospital?" I called to my wife while I quickly pulled on my shoes- she was already awake because Jimmy wasn't wanting to sleep.

"Why are you going to the hospital? What's wrong with Freddie?" Chrissie ran into the entrance way with a diaper clad Jimmy on her hip.
"He-he said that the baby was coming. I don't know where John is but I'll find some out some more then I'll tell you when I see you at the hospital." I kissed her forehead then I ran out the door. 
I had to go and save my friend.

I sped down a few streets and I ended up at Freddie and John's in a matter of minutes.
"Just wait, Freddie, I'm almost there." I ran up the stairs to their flat and I whipped the door open. "What the hell happened in here?" I ran to the couch where Freddie was panting and groaning- probably a contraction.

"Paul-Paul tried to kill me and-and John won't answer the phone, M-Maxwell won't listen t-to me and my p-pants are wet." Tears were running down Freddie's face as he gripped the arm rest of the couch.

"When was your last contraction?" I asked while he squeezed my hand.

"There was the one when you came in but the last one was like twenty minutes ago." He replied. 

"Alright, you're going to be okay." I patted his hand. "Go get changed- where is your hospital bag?" I called while I ran around the flat. I found the bag and I grabbed a change of clothes for Freddie. I went back to the living room and I helped him change.