Chapter 33

November 15, 1978

- John's POV -

Two months. Two whole months of our little Bean growing and changing, it was fascinating.
The second month of pregnancy was an important time for Bean's development, it's going from a blastocyst to an embryo and its heart is starting to beat, slower at first then it'll speed up over time. Its upper and lower limb buds are appearing, Bean will have arms and legs soon! The primordia of the liver, pancreas, lungs, and stomach are now evident but we're still waiting for everything to grow so we can find out what Bean really is. (Thank you Freddie for making me read your pregnancy books.)

Our tour doctor said that symptoms would start kicking in this month. Freddie would be wide awake, restless, sweating, or normally feeling like he was going to be sick - and mood swings were only going to get worse. Welcome to pregnancy!

Freddie hasn't forgotten what Paul said about him gaining weight and eating too much. He was still really upset, Paul was an idiot and it made me upset that Freddie would let him get to him like that. My boyfriend didn't eat nearly as much as he did before which worried me, our baby needed nutrients so it could grow and not eating could damage Freddie's body.
We were on the bus, going from Providence to New York, it was a three hour drive and we had to stop to get food. Maybe Freddie would eat supper this time.

"Do you want me to get you something to eat?" I asked when our bus stopped at a take away restaurant.

"Just chips and water, please." Freddie replied quietly.

He was curled up on his seat under a fluffy blanket, he said that he wasn't feeling well earlier.

"Sweetie, you have to eat something. Maybe it'll make you feel better." I tried to get him to ask for chicken nuggets or ice cream, something. Those obviously weren't the healthiest choices but he had to eat something.
"Get me whatever you want then, I'm not hungry right now anyways." He kind of snapped. I quickly kissed his head and I ran to catch up with the guys.
"Chris, can you make sure that he's okay?" I asked before we got off.
"Of course. Now go get food, I'm hungry." She giggled when she pecked my cheek.

- Freddie's POV -

I wanted to eat, I was so hungry but I couldn't risk gaining any more weight after what Paul said.
"Hey, sweetie." Chrissie whispered when she sat in John's seat. "John wanted me to talk to you. Are you okay?" She asked.

"'m fine, just not feeling well." I rubbed my eyes.
"Are you sure that's all? He said that you weren't eating." My friend looked upset.

"I'm just not hungry." I whispered.

"Freddie, what's wrong? You can tell me anything." She put her hand on my knee and I wanted to cry. I broke down and told her everything about what Paul said about seeing my tummy and not wanting to eat, she nodded through the whole thing. "It's okay, love, he was wrong, you're not gaining a ton of weight at all. He was so wrong, you're glowing actually, it looks good on you." She smiled when she wiped my tears.

"Really?" I squeaked.

"Really." Chrissie nodded. "Now be a doll and eat supper for me and your baby, okay?" She pecked my cheek and I nodded while she walked back to the front.

There was something about Chrissie that was rather persuasive and I wanted to do everything that she said.

- John's POV -

Freddie told me to get him whatever so I added chicken nuggets to his order, he always wanted them when we couldn't get them.

"I'm back." I said in a singsong voice when I put our food on top of our bags that were placed on the floor. "Can you eat for me?" I sat down and pulled the box of nuggets out of the bag and my burger.