Chapter 3

August 30, 1977

- John's POV -
I think Freddie knew that I was ignoring him but I didn't know what else to do. I thought I was in love with him but I didn't want him to think that I was a freak.

"Brian, Chrissie is on the phone for you." Our producer, Mike Stone, called.

"I'll be right back, guys." The older man stood up and he put his guitar on the stand.

"Chrissie, we have recording to do, call later." Freddie groaned to no one. We kept writing songs and we didn't know which ones to record for the News of the World album so Freddie was very tense because we were behind.

"It must be important, she never calls the studio." Roger shrugged when he came out from behind the drums. Brian walked back into the room with a huge grin on his face, he was quietly giggling too.

"What did Chrissie say that got you all giggly?" I asked when he leaned against the wall.

"I'm going to be a dad." He breathed out.

"You're what?" Freddie asked, excitedly.

"I'm going to be a dad." He repeated. "Chrissie's having a baby!" He squealed, we all started jumping around and cheering.

"Why are you still here?" Freddie squeaked. "Go see your wife!"

"Okay, I'll-I'll see you guys soon." Brian giggled then he ran out of the studio.

"You guys can go too, we can't really do anything without Brian." Freddie sat at the piano.

"Bye Fred." Roger waved and Fred waved back then he left. We were finally alone.

"Do you mind if I stay? I have to go over some things for Spread Your Wings." I explained. 'Please let me stay, please.' I thought.

"Yeah, you can stay. Can you listen to the piano part for that song and tell me if you want anything changed?" The older man asked. He sounded like he was unsure of his playing which was odd, he was never insecure of his playing around us.

"Sure, sure." I stood beside the piano.

"You can sit with me so it isn't as awkward." He moved over and I sat down. We were so close, he smelled like cigarettes, alcohol, and something sweet. "How was it?" I wasn't even paying attention to his playing because I was too busy smelling him.

"It-it sounded really good." I smiled, Freddie smiled too.

"Are you okay?" Freddie looked up from the piano.

"I'm fine. Why?" I turned my body so I was facing him.

"You've been acting distant lately. I don't know, but it feels like something's wrong." He shrugged then he turned to face me.

The room was very tense and I watched as Freddie's eyes studied my lips, he licked his lips then bit the bottom one. I scooched closer to him and he placed his right hand on my cheek.

"You're very beautiful." He whispered. I leaned in and so did he. When we met half-way, we were kissing. We were kissing! "John, I am so sorry!" He quickly pulled away.

"It's okay, it's really okay." I touched my partially swollen lips in awe.

"You probably think I'm a freak." He covered his face and shook his head.

"No, no I don't think you're a freak." I took his hands off of his face and I gave them a tight squeeze. "I-I've really liked you for a long time and I didn't know how tell you. That's why I was ignoring you." I ran my thumb over his knuckle.

"You-you like me?" He gasped in astonishment.

"I've liked you for a long time now and when you told me that you loved me in January, I knew that it wasn't a phase, I really liked you." I grinned.

"I told you that I loved you?" Freddie asked quietly.

"Yeah, you were drunk." I giggled.

"God, I am such an embarrassment. I'm sorry, John, I probably scared you and you probably-" Freddie began but I cut him off by roughly pressing my lips to his.

"You talk too much." I whispered against his lips.

"Sorry." I felt him smile against my mouth. "Let's move this to the couch, hmm?" He pulled away for a second.

"Okay." I giggled. Freddie grabbed my hand and he lead me to the couch. The older man sat down then he pulled me onto his lap so I was straddling him.

"You're so beautiful. So beautiful. Such a beautiful person." Freddie said between kisses.

"You. Talk. Too. Much." I smiled into kisses.

Freddie's hands went up the back of my shirt and he ended up pulling it off. I felt his tongue against my lips, it was a little weird at first but it felt nice when I opened up to let him in. The older man placed his hands on my thighs and he started rubbing them, moving closer to my crotch with every movement.

"Freddie. Freddie, we have to stop." I giggled while he peppered my jaw and neck with kisses.

"Why do we have to stop?" He groaned when he sat up properly.

"Because we can't rush this." I rested my forehead against his and I closed my eyes.

"What is this?" Freddie asked when he awkwardly grabbed my t-shirt off of the floor.

"Whatever you want it to be but we can't just pretend that this never happened because I think we both enjoyed it." I raised an eyebrow at the older man.

"Oh no, this definitely happened and we aren't just friends anymore." Freddie smirked. I think he was hinting towards a boyfriend type of relationship but I didn't want to jump into things that quickly.

"So what are we then?" I got off of Freddie's lap and I pulled on my shirt.

"How about I take you to dinner tomorrow and we can talk about it then?" He rubbed his thumb against my cheek.

"It's a date." I leaned into his hand.

"I'll pick you up at your place?" He asked when we got off of the couch.

"Freddie, we live together." I chuckled and shook my head.

"Fine. I'll spend the day with Brian and Chrissie then I'll pick you up at seven." He replied. "Okay, I have to go now. I'll see you at the flat." Freddie kissed my cheek then he left the studio.

This was actually happening.

A/N: I felt like updating today so here it is! Do you think I'm rushing things? Was the make out scene okay? (There'll be stuff like that and more in this book hehe). Comment suggestions if you have any and I'll add them into the story. Oh and the next chapter is kind of long. Comment what you think so far and what you think I should add!