Chapter 45

- Freddie's POV -

"Well, I knew that you three were coming home today so I left myself in. I also ran out of lunch meats." Roger laughed while he continued making his sandwich. The younger man put down his knife then he hugged John, I frowned then he hugged me. "Bean! Uncle Roger sure has missed you!" He smiled when he crouched down to hug my bump.
"That's Maxwell to you." John smiled when he sat at the kitchen table.

"No fucking way!" Roger gasped. "Really? It's a boy?" He took a step back when I nodded. "When did you find out?" He asked when the three of us were seated at the table.

"We got the gender in an envelope before we left then we opened it when we were in Ibiza." I explained.

"Oh that sounds lovely." Roger smiled. "How was Ibiza? I forgot to ask earlier." The older man rested his head in his hands.

"It was good, really beautiful." I smiled. "But we were bombarded by paparazzi when we got back." I cringed when I thought about the man that called us freaks.

"So you guys don't know then?" The blonde man asked while he bit his thumbnail.

"Know what?" John asked. "Roger, what don't we know?" He called when Roger walked away to grab a bag that was sitting on the floor. He set the bag on the table and he pulled out three magazines.

"These are only a few but I heard that there were more out there." He put the magazines on the table, John and I pulled them closer to look at them.
'Oh Mother Mercury!'

'Did Freddie Finally Find Somebody to Love?'

'Freddie Mercury: Pregnant by Bassist?'

I couldn't breathe. I flipped through the magazines and there were pictures from our holiday, nobody knew that we were gone. We only told the people who came on tour with us.

There were photos from things we did throughout the week but the one that really got me was one that was taken when we found out what Bean was. That was a special moment for us and the press had to ruin it. I threw the magazines across the room, John and Roger stared at me like I was crazy.

"I-I have to go lay down." I shakily stood up and I walked to our bedroom. There were suitcases on the bed so I kicked them off and rolled into a ball. Life was shit right now..

- Roger's POV -

I watched as Freddie stumbled down the hall, he was whimpering and shaking, it was awful. John was still looking at the magazines that were on the floor, he looked like he wanted to kill someone. I continued eating my sandwich so I wouldn't be the one getting killed.
"Who could've told them? We made sure that nobody outside of our group knew about it." John groaned when he rested his head on the table.

"Freddie seemed pretty upset about this too. Do you want me to go and make sure that he's okay?" I asked, quietly. John nodded then I ran down the hallway. "Freddie?" I knocked three times then walked into the room.

"I don't want to talk to you, Roger." The older man mumbled into his pillow.

"Maybe I didn't come to talk to you, maybe I came to talk to Maxwell. Don't be so damn selfish all the time." I giggled when I put my hand on my hip. "Tough crowd." I mumbled when Freddie didn't laugh. I walked over to the bed and I sat beside the older man, he was still upset, damn.. I had an idea! "Beans, beans, the magical fruit: the more you eat, the more you toot! The more you toot, the better you feel, so beans, beans for every meal!" I looked over at Freddie, he was smiling!
"Roger, are you suggesting the cannibalism of my unborn baby?" Freddie laughed. I was so relieved because he was laughing again.