I go down the stairs where I find Jake, Alyssa, Troy, and Ryan sitting around in the living room. Ryan and Troy are giving me an encouraging look, most likely knowing about what I'm about to do. I'm about to go break their best friend's heart and it's probably the hardest thing I'll ever do in my whole entire life.

Alyssa stands up, coming over to me and hugging me. "God, I should have spent more time with you."

A tear falls and I wipe it away quickly. "I haven't exactly been here all that long. Most of the time was spent hiding in this cabin." I try to laugh, but it comes out weak and sad.

"You be strong, beautiful. Things will work out. You'll see." She wipes under my eyes before hugging me again. I hug her tight before we release each other. She gives me an encouraging smile and I try to smile back, but it isn't happening. I can't even fake a smile right now.

I walk out the door and the closer I get to the cabin, the heavier my feet feel. I'm trying to think about what I should say, but all I can think about is all the good and bad times I've had with Jordan.

Flashback

"Abby, remember this song?" Jordan asks, turning up the radio.

The familiar beat to the Good Life by OneRepublic comes on and a smile slowly creeps onto my face.

"Yeah, every time I hear this song I think about us singing it horribly in your car." I laugh.

"I don't know what you're talking about. I killed it." He smirks.

"Yeah, you killed it alright. It's dead and not coming back alive." I joke.

He lunges towards me before pinning me down against his bed and tickling me. "Jordan, stop!" I laugh, wishing he didn't have my arms pinned above my head.

"Say please?" He smiles.

"Please!" I laugh, desperate for him to stop.

He stops tickling me and just stares at me, smiling. My laughing slowly dies down and I end up looking up at him while smiling. He releases my arms before placing his arms on the side of me and leaning down to kiss me. I welcome the kiss, loving the way his lips feel against mine.

"Abigail Monroe," I roll my eyes at him calling me by my full name, "I love you. Forever and always."

Hearing him say those words makes my heart swell. I know he means every word. I can see it in his eyes. I can tell by the way he kisses me that he means it. He has my heart and I don't think I want it back.

I laugh, "And I love you as well, Mr. Collins. Forever and always."

That brings a smile to his face and he goes back to kissing me.

End of flashback

I'm in the yard now, thinking about that one night at his house. It was a simple night, but it meant so much to me. To hear him say he'll love me forever and always made me fall that much more in love with him. We hadn't even slept together yet, but I knew he was the one for me. He was the one I wanted to give my everything to. My hand goes up to the door knob and it reminds me of the night before I went off to college.

Flashback

I sit in my car, the rain falling down hard just like my tears. We haven't even talked that much this summer. He's tried to call and he's sent a bunch of texts, but I was too heartbroken to respond. This is my last night in this town and will probably be the last time I'll ever see him. My heart is pounding in my chest, but it's the reason why I'm here. I didn't want to leave without saying goodbye to him.