Chapter 30. Part Of Him

I was sitting in the library with Anushka when the rest my friends came to me.

The weather was quite humid, and it was evening time.

"Megan? Are you okay?" Krishna asked.

"She's fine" Anushka replied. She was sitting beside me.

"I'm so sorry!" Prateek replied.

I said nothing but just smiled a very little.

"C'mon now! You need to continue with your life. Move on! He is not coming back!" Prateek said.

"I appreciate your concern but he never left" I replied.

They stared at each other.

"See Megan, I know how you feel, but you just can't keep on holding to something that no longer exists" Prateek said.

" You don't!" No one knows! Do you know how it kills me when I realise that I not even saw his body for the last time. I saw him seven years and a few months ago, when I was in school! And after that he just disappeared!" I replied, as tears felt from my eyes.

"No! You saw him a week ago. In the wedding! Maybe that's why he came, so that you don't regret anything!" Anushka replied.

"Are you gone insane?" Joyal asked.

"No, Joyal. She said she saw him." Anushka said.

"A part of him will always remain within me. He'll always have a place in my heart that no one else can ever take. And one day he will come back" I replied even though deep inside I knew that he won't.

"Okay fine, then talk to me when you'll be a little more practical"

One by one I was losing all of my friends.

"Sure! And that will be my last day on this planet. Then I'll meet him, in the oceans deep, where my body will lay next to him. On the highest peak, where nobody's ever been, there in the midst of snow I'll once again lay my head on his shoulder. I love him till the Sun dies."

"Megan? But you've lost him." Krishna said.

"Somethings are never lost, but just blurred." I replied.

They left.

"What are you thinking? Honestly tell me Megan?" Anushka asked.

"Hey! Don't worry, I won't be stuck but I also won't move ahead. I will get married, I will do everything a normal person does but he will always have a place in my heart that no one can ever take. And as long as I have this pretty little thing hung around my neck, I have a piece of him with me" I held my locket tightly.

I stood and went near to the window, looked outside.

The sun was about to sink, the clouds were pink and I don't why but I found them in the shape of the initials of our names, 'MS'.

Maybe I was out of mind and maybe it may sound very filmy or something, but it felt like even the heaven was saluting our love.

"Dear Sun, take my love to him and bring his to mine" I said as tears filled my eyes.

Anushka stood right behind me.

Every morning since then I am getting up, seeing the Sun and feeling the love that he sends daily.

He was gone. Those days were gone. But whenever I think of that time, those pranks, those questions, those sneak-outs, those sandwiches and him, a voice from inside my heart comes alive saying, " Those were the days!".

************************************
Authots Note-

So, here it ends. I hope you guys liked this story...

Sometimes it's not always the way we want but everything happens for a good reason, you should be patient enough to wait for that reason to come along.

Let me know who was your favourite character in the story and also if any other title suits this story better than this one.

Because I'd love to know.

Don't forget to vote and comment if you liked it.

And to read the sequel follow the link below :-
http://my.w.tt/UiNb/BkG97iy8gx

Thank you!

Bubieee! :D