Chapter 10. He Had to Leave

On 14th April 2015, he came back. He came to see me.

There was an awkward silence between us, yet I felt comfortable.

He looked amazingly smart in his grey jacket; T-shirt , black jeans and grey shoes with orange laces.

I still remember his smell.

He grabbed my hands, I looked down, to conceal my tears.

He pulled me closer, kissed me on my forehead and hugged me tightly.

"Is thi-is the la-la-last time I'm seeing you?" I asked.

"Not at all baby, I'll keep visting in a month or so"

"You better" I replied.

" I love you, very much and I know that you are the perfect girl for me. You understand me well, and even you are worried for me. I know you are there and you will always be. If there would have been some other girl, she would have left me. I know that you are the best girl for me"

" Promise me one thing, you will never change, no matter whom you are around, no matter whom you meet and no matter where you'll be"

" I promise you, Megan. But in return you promise me something as well"

"Yes?"

"Promise me that you will be happy in every condition, because if you'll be safe and happy, I'll have nothing to worry for"

"I promise you, Sameer"

"See, people leave, situations change but life goes on, it's upto us how we react and manage. Crying and regretting leads nowhere. And if not today; in future, when we'll be in college, maybe then we'd be separated, it's better if we would be in a habit from now. And who says long distance relationships don't work?"

"Hm. Yea" I replied.

"Then? Be happy my darling. I promise one day people, everyone will appreciate the efforts that we'll put in this relationship. I won't ever let you go because I just can't"

"I'm sorry" I said.

"For what?"

"I can't live without you" I replied.

He hugged me.

Next day we went to see Amaya. She also wanted to see Sameer for the last time.

On 17th April he left, he was gone. It felt like a part of me had been snatched away.

We were sitting on the park bench, when his phone rang.

"Sameer, come fast, we're waiting out" his brother said.

"Yes. Just a minute" he replied.

He looked at me, I looked away.

"Bye" I said.

"At least look here" he said.

"I can't. Then I'll stop you"

"If you can then please" he said.

"I wish I could. I wish I could" I hugged him.

"Take good care of yourself"

"He raised up my chin, "Okay?"

"Okay. You also take care"

"And remember I'll always love you" he said.

"Even I'll always love you" I replied.

"Bye"

"Bye" I waved as I saw him going far away.

It was so very hard to believe that my reason to smile was no longer next to me.

While he was on his way to his hometown, I was in my room. I was just lost, but for one thing I was grateful, he left his heart.

It sucks, that feeling when someone dear is going away and all you can do is nothing, it sucks.