Chapter 20. An Insane Move

The sun went down, the stars and the moon came up. But nothing seemed beautiful.

I was sitting on the floor, surrounded by his letters, photographs and his teddy bear.

I opened my cupboard and took out a black top, which I had kept away from rest of my clothes. Why? Because I wore it in November when I met him, and that top was no longer smelling like me, but smelling like him.

I wore it and burst into tears, on my knees fell on the floor.

I wondered that when I lost the locket, I lost him.

I was laying on the floor, staring out of the window, with my eyes full of tears, my mind full of doubts and my heart full of pain.

It was 3:00 am and I did something so very insane and useless.

I put on my shoes and my jacket, went down to the garage, opened the car and started it. I didn't know how to drive, I was not even aware about the gears. But I still thought to go and see him. I thought if he'd see me, he'd change his mind.

Took a deep breath, still my eyes were filled with tears, my mind was filled with a thousand doubts and my heart, well I could no longer feel it.

On just reaching a few kilometres away from home, I lost control and got crashed. I was able to feel a big bump on my head.

Fortunately, the other car was of ny neighbour's.

The head lights flashed into my eyes, reflecting my tears. I was losing consciousness.

And I closed my eyes.

When I opened my eyes I was laying in my room with mum and dad beside me. My head was paining.

"Sweet heart? What were you upto?" mum asked.

I remained quiet.

"We'll talk about this in the morning, for now, you must rest", dad said.

He kissed me on my forehead and left the room.

"Megan, is there something you wish to tell me, honey?" Mom asked.

"It's over mom, I'm no longer his muse, he's no longer mine. We lost it. I was not strong enough, I lost it. I failed, mom, I failed" I replied in a verg low voice.

"Oh, honey, don't you think about it for even a second. I know it's hard on you guys, but you have your whole life left dear. It it's meant to be, then nothing will separate you two. Now you better go to sleep, I love you"

"I love you too, mom"

She tucked me in, switched off the lights and left.

I was in pain, not the one on my head but the one on my mind. All that was left were memories, doubts, tears, me and my teddy.

I felt numb. Very numb. It felt like someone had snatched me from myself.

I was not able to express myself, not able to tell the condition of my heart and not able to analyse the state of my mind.