Chapter 11. School Without Him

When I enetered the school, I heard a familiar voice and maybe I knew who it was.

"Megan! Megan? Stop!"

I turned around, "Yes, Prateek?"

"I heard he left, didn't he? So you both broke up? Didn't you?"

"I'm so sorry Prateek but it's not like that. He left the school, he left the city, he even left the state but one thing he still hasn't left, one thing that he will never leave, that will always be with him, no matter what and that's me" I shouted.

"Okay. Okay. Fine, why are you getting angry? And shouting will not change the truth, Megan. If he really would've wanted to stay then he would've been here, next to you. But he left you alone, just like that. Well, it's of no use, you trust him way too much, don't you?"

"Yes, of course I do. And I'll always do. You and others just wait and watch, he is and will always be mine" I replied as tears filled my eyes.

I noticed everyone was watching and without responding I went to my class.

The classroom was no longer fun. Besides, I started sitting in the corner-most seat. I kept staring outside the window.

My eyes kept looking for him in the crowd. In my head, I knew he was not there but my heart was not ready to accept that fact.

Not only in the classroom but also in the canteen, the ground, the corridors, even the buses I felt incomplete.

The group system started again, it was getting worse and harder everyday.

Not a single person except Amaya and Anushka tried to know what I was going through.

People were so very busy in their own life that nobody noticed how I was breaking apart.

Once we had our special assembly, that day was my worst day ever.

Almost everyone from our class participated in it, except my best friend, Anushka.

I was so very surprised to see that all of them was sitting together and I was all alone, and not even one person came to me. They were busy gossiping, taking pictures and laughing.

I came back home.

"How was it, sweet heart? " Mum asked.

"It was fine!" I replied in a low voice and went to my room.

"Hey? Sweety? What happened?" She asked.

Tears filled my eyes as I bit my upper lip with my teeth.

She hugged.

"What do I do to have him near. No one gets me now. People here are way too busy in their own lives"

"Hey? Who are you talking about?" she lifted my chin up.

"Everyone! Everyone! They all are the same. They used to treat me so well, when Sameer was here. But now there is no one!"

My phone rang, it was Anushka.

She really get me well, cheered me up and made me feel better.

Days felt like years. But I was not ready to throw in the towel.

He used to chew pens and pencils and I really disliked this habit of his' but when he left the town, I started chewing them just to feel close.