Chapter 9. A Nightmare Come True

"Sameer? Sameer? Are you there?" I shouted as I wandered in the woods, bare-foot, wearing a long dark gown.

The grass was wet and as cold as ice. My feet were numb. I was scared and felt alone. There were trees but with no leaves, the moon was there in the dark, black sky but there were no stars.

It felt like no other place could have been more depressed than that.

It felt like all the happiness had gone away, far away.

"Ouch!" something pricked my left foot very badly.

As I stepped forward, I fell down a hole.

"Sam-e-e-e-er!" I screamed

"Sweetheart, what happened?" It was mum. I said nothing

"You must have seen a bad dream. Don't worry darling, it's alright, okay?"

"Hm. Yea" I replied.

"Very well then, come downstairs, the breakfast is ready" she said this and then she left.

I not only realised that it was a nightmare but also realised that something wrong was going to happen.

I spent the whole day with my dad and helped him to send some mails.

At night when I was laying on the bed, it was 3 o'clock when I heard my phone ringing, it was Sameer.

I picked up his call, there were a numer of things I wanted to tell him, including my nightmare.

"Hello, Megan? I'm sorry if I woke you up baby".

"No, no. I was not sleeping, well is everything alright? I mean what made you call so late?" I asked.

"Umm...actually everything's not okay, as in for us. Now you listen to me. I told you that my dad needs me now, didn't I? So he wants me to live with him now as my brother will be leaving the city by May. So, I won't live there anymore. Besides, I'll have to leave the school also"

"What? Please say that you're kidding. I-I-I..." I burst into tears.

" I'm sorry Megan, but I really have no choice. Now just tell me honestly if you want to continue this relationship".

"Of course I want to. I mean, I just can't let you go, I just can't let it all go, I jus-ju-j..." It felt like my thoart was choked.

"Megan, don't cry sweet heart, I love you and I promise you that before I'll shift I'll come to see you"

"Even I love you"

"Now, it's already 3:30, you should sleep. And just don't plug in your earphones and listen to music whole night long. Okay?"

My hand froze as I was just going to open the drawer to take out my earphones, "Oh god! You know me so well. Don't worry, I'll go to sleep, you also take care. Don't worry, okay? I'll be by your side no matter what"

"I know that, good night, bye!"

I couldn't believe that my intuitions were so right. I wish they were wrong.

I tried so hard to sleep that night, but I couldn't.