Chapter 27. Seeing Him Again

I came out. The wind was cold, it felt like it was about to rain.

The moon was full; the stars came up.

But still there was no sign of him.

And then all of the sudden it felt like someone was standing behind me.

I turned around, it was him. My person, after seven years.

And when we met once again, awkward silence was there, all around. It felt we were standing in between an ocean which had harsh waves of questions, pain and as cold as the past.

It was enough to drown us, to drown our minds and hearts. I was sure that it was still love as something still fit together, as a perfect jigsaw puzzle.

What an awkward and unexpected situation it was. But whatever it was he still was the one who knew the ocean under my skin, which had drowned me once.

He was in black kurta and pyjama, looking so very smart and handsome. His eyes were the same and still he had a cut on his left eyebrow.

We were standing beside the swimming pool, in dim light. Behind us there were a few chair and tables and on the other side there were some trees and plants.

My hands automatically covered my mouth, my eyes shed all the tears that I've been hiding.

Tears felt even from his eyes and rain poured down from the clouds.

For fifteen to twenty minutes not a word was exchanged.

He was looking into my eyes and I was looking into his.

"Why? Why did you do that?" I screamed.

"To see the smile you have." he replied softly.

"You were my reason to smile."

"But I knew that soon I'd turn into your reason to cry. I had no plans to come back to the city again."

"You never did understand what you were to me."

"I did."

I didn't reply.

"Hey, just promise me a thing, you won't ever regret anything from now on." he said.

"Okay."

"Hundred and one percent? Promise?"

"Yea, I promise!"

"See, all I wanted was to see you smiling and laughing always."

"I know that, but I wish that you knew how much you meant and how much will you alaways mean to. I wish you know that Sameer."

"I know that But then a thought always came to my mind, how long would you have been waiting?"

"I was ready to wait for a lifetime, if waiting meant to be with you after that."

He smiled.

"So? You still love me?" I asked.

"I never stopped doing that." he replied.

"Even I do." I replied.

"I know that dear. Be happy always. And after all I promised you to love you till my last breath."

I looked at him, his eyes had stars in it.

"Megan, you look beautiful."

"Thank you!" I blushed.

"Megan!" Arprita shouted.

"Yea?" I replied.

"Come here!" she shouted.

"You go for now, I'll catch you later" he said.

I was quite reluctant to leave.

"Don't worry, Megan. The next time we'll meet will be the day we'll be united forever. No one will ever separate us then." he said.

I smiled and walked towards Arprita. Turned around, laughed and then left.

************************************
Author's Note-

Even this is not the end....

What do you think will happen next? Will he leave?

or..

Will they live happily ever after?

Till the next time....

Bubiee! :D