Chapter 29. Memories

"He was also affected badly. Totally broken, completely shattered. He started going for bike rides all alone. It made him feel better but one day he didn't return" one of his friends said.

"What did he tell you guys?" Anushka asked.

"He didn't share much about Megan and their relationship but whenever he did, he used to speak about her as if she is the only girl he's ever seen"

"He loved you way too much, Megan. He did something that is very uncommon" Ritika said.

Anushka kept her hand on my shoulder.

"I knew he wouldn't do anything wrong" Krishna said, wiping his tears.

"I don't understand how I doubted him. He was a great friend, he'll be missed!" Amaya said.

"Never talked much to him. But today I do respect him" Joyal said.

We all were sitting in one of the rooms of the guest house. Amaya and Krishna with me were sitting on the bed, Anushka standing beside me, Ritika on the chair in front of the dressing table and Joyal and Sameer's friends on the sofa in front of the big window.

Everyone shared their views regarding Sameer. I could see that respect in everyone's eyes for him.

And I, I was not able to analyse the situation. I went to his home, met his family after a long time.

Opened the door and entered his room. Still his fragrance was there. I could hear his voice in there, could see him laying on his bed.

I opened his cupboard and my gifts were kept there, in a very soft manner.

"I love you!" I said while wiping my face.

"I wish I could've stopped him, I wish. Oh god! Why? Why! Why? "

It was like the worst nightmare.

Every time he said he loved me, I used to reply that I did too.

But when I talked to him for the last time, I said I didn't.

I wish I was able to express what he meant to me and how much I loved him.

But in another life, I'll meet him once again and then I'll not let him go.

"Megan?" It was Anushka, keeping her hand on my shoulder.

"I saw him, Anushka. In the wedding I did. I swear, he was standing right there"

"Did you touch him?"

"No. I mean I don't know why but even he didn't"

"Because it was his. Ahem!"

"Stop talking rubbish" Amaya said.

"No Amaya. I guess she is right. He said that the next time I'd see him would be the day of our love. That day we'd be united forever. I guess I know what he meant"

The sun was sinking, a soft orange colour spread all over his room. And over his face, on the photograph, kept on the dressing table.

All that was left behind were 'memories' and I would always cherrish them.

Deep inside I knew very well that even if now I'd find anyone else, with whom I'd fall in love, it can never be the way we loved each other.

Even if a prince comes on a white horse, or the most handsome man in the whole world asks for my hand, they could never take my guy's place.
My Sameer was really different, different from everyone else and the best for me.

************************************
Author's Note-

Don't search for love, love will search you itself!

Just like it searched Megan and Sameer.

Although he was no longer beside her, but he was eternal in her heart.