Chapter 3. Mr. Popular

Obviously, I had a crush too, who was hated by my friends, mostly by Sneha. She hated Prateek like anything.

Prateek Sinha, who was a fantasy, not only for me but for every other girl. He was a fair, handsome guy. Not a typical sports guy but used to play golf and a kind of musician who knew how to play drums really well.

He was known as Mr. Popular. We're kind of family friends. But we never communicated much. I wondered if that was my fault, as I was such a dumbstruck in front of him that I was not even able to say 'hi'.

It all continued to be the same until his mum asked him to help me in my biology project. He was my senior in school, so he was a great help for me.

Since then our communication started. We started sharing almost everything. We used to discuss not only family, friends, books, sports but also topics like nails, hair, bikes, jokes etc.

Our talks were full of stupidity but somehow we enjoyed each other's company.

Mostly we talked about songs.

Everything was just fine, nobody knew that their dream boy used to talk to me late nights.

Video calls, voice calls and chats with him were so very normal.

Soon bike rides and ice cream treats were a part of a daily routine.

Yea, we didn't meet in school much but whenever we met, we used to talk.

It was all going just fine but after a month, it all twisted. It was mid-November when Shruti told me that Prateek proposed her.

"He is so cute." Shruti said as she saw Prateek.

"Yea." I replied. Even though I felt quite strange about it.

"The way he proposed me, gosh!" she said.

"Excuse me!" I replied.

"What?" she made a weird face.

"He proposed me." I replied.

"Why are you kidding?" she asked.

"Why would I?"

I was shocked and told her that he said he loved me also.

Shruti Singh, the topper of our class, basically an all rounder girl. She was a short, a little chubby girl who used to wear spectacles.

Not only mine, but the colours of her face also faded. Just after an hour, I got to know that there are people made up of dishonesty, falsehood and crocodile's tears.

Prateek refused that he approached me. He said he always loved her.

"What are you talking about, Megan?"

"Oh really? You don't know, Prateek" I replied.

"No." he casually said.

"Okay! Great! Enjoy your life!" I said.

Nor he neither Shruti replied.

"Please die!" I shouted and left.

I tried a few times to make him realise what he was doing but he was so very busy in his own fantasy.

Even Shruti didn't listen.

And then what? they both were so very into each other.

So I had to let it all go.

But yeah, it all got better, in fact the best when...