Chapter 12. Oh My God!

Just after a few days Anushka came to me and said, "Megan, I know it kills you being so far away from him. But try to be happy, you promised him, didn't you? This behaviour is actually scaring all of us. Come and join us."

After that I started hanging out with my old friends, things got better. I somehow felt lucky to have such a guy in my life, who was so far yet so close.

It was almost a month since he left. On 17th May, Gaurav, a mutual friend of ours called me and asked me to come down. The weather was quite humid.

He said he wanted me to make him understand the the chapters that were done when he was absent.

I agreed.

I went down. I was walking normally and singing songs softly, to myself. And when I reached the main gate, to my surprise I saw him.

It was him, standing there in front of me, Merlin's Beard! It was Sameer.

He was really there, wearing a printed dark blue T-shirt and blue jeans.

"Oh My God! It's you?! I mean are you seriously here?" I poked him.

He whispered in my ear, "I guess, I am real. So, surprise!"

"You, you devil. You didn't inform me, huh?" I hugged him tightly.

"Nah! Because I wanted to see this natural smile once again." he said.

That was a wonderful surprise. I loved the way he used to surprise me. Even today, it brings a smile on my face and I bet after reading this, it made him also smile.

He is a part of me that got out of focus in 2016, but he is still a part of me even though it's quite hazy now. I do sometimes just unknowingly call out his name, when I'm asleep. Things are not the same now and maybe they'll never be the same.

People say that their lover is another definition of 'perfect' but my lover was a perfect mix of 'imperfections'. Some were cute and other were way too adorable. And so I never lived for the perfect moments rather I lived for those small, imperfect and funny moments.
************************************

Author's Note-

Do comment below what was the best surprise ever that you've received...

'Cause I'd love to know!

Bubieeee! ;)