Chapter 24. The Locket

That whole night as I was laying on my bed with pillows around me, I kept thinking about the things he said the last time we spoke.

He said he loved me, I wish I had replied him just way the I used to do.

Such a guy! Somewhere I knew he wouldn't do anything wrong to me. I've only seen these type of people in movies and I felt lucky, I felt lucky to have one of them in my life.

Next day, in the evening, I was late for my shooting class. And so I was running when I slipped into the fountain.

It was in front of the garden, and a few metres away from the main gate. Decorated with blue tiles inside it and white lights around it, it looked quite attractive.

"Ouch!" I said.

Something pricked my hand very badly, when I saw, to my surprise it was the locket.

Oh My God! I don't know why but it just felt like I would find him soon.

Perhaps, the day I lost it, was the day we broke up.

Wore it once again, and it felt complete.

Although it had lost it's silver colour and those thirteen gems, it never lost it's value, at least for me.

There were diamond lockets, the gold and silver ones too but then there was this one, which was above all.

I was way too happy and after ages I returned home with an original smile.

When I opened my phone it said, "one unread message from Prateek Personal"

I opened and after a long time rather than deleting it I replied.

"Hey"

"Hii" I replied.

"Megan?"

"Yes"

"How are you?"

"I'M gud! How are you?"

"Me too! Good!"

"Hmm.."

"Is everything alright?" He asked.

"Why?"

"You were not good, as in your face... you were crying while returning back to your home"

"Hmm.."

"What's wrong?" He aksed.

"We broke up"

"Really? When"

"Yes. 3 years ago"

And we talked for hours. It was strange that he was still there or maybe that's what you call true friendship.

"If you need someone to share our heart, I'm there. Okay?" He said.

"Yea. Okay!"

"Take care of yourself"

"I will. Don't worry"

I did appreciate whatever he did for me. He really tried hard to make me feel better.

We also went on a drive once, yea I did enjoy his company just the way I used to enjoy it earlier.

He still was a child at heart but a mature person if you'll see his mind.

I don't know what it was but whatever it was it used to attract us towards each other. Once we started talking, we ended up talking for hours and hours.

I used to call him, 'factfile' as he used to really inspire me and motivate me towards the right things and the right path.

A simpe person, with a complex mind. Who was way too ambitious and had a style of his own.