No Going Back

~Published August 4, 2016~ 

\\Destiny's POV//

After packing up my stuff from my classroom, I walked over to the Great Hall to see Perry taking electronics into a bucket. All the students were lined up in a line to be detected for any metallic objects. What is she doing, it's almost the end of the school year!

"Perry, what's going?" I asked her worriedly.

"Someone has been stealing the laptops form the computer lab, so I"m gonna bust the perp....or perps..." She aimed the last part to the bionic trio, who just walked down the stairs.

"Why would they, or I, steal laptops? You remember Davenport with all his money and high-tech, so why would we steal them?" I rose an eyebrow, which made Perry growl.

"Bottom line, no one leaves this school without going through those metal detectors, including you Lilac! Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna sort through your loose change and have a little heart-to-heart with the vending machine." Perry laughed before digging into the bucket and moving over to the vending machine.

"Guys, we cannot get wanded." Bree warned us. "Those things will go crazy will go off like crazy when they detect bionics."

"Well, what do we even do?" I looked between the three.

"She's totally gonna bust us." Chase added.

"Bust ya for what?" Perry whispered to us. "What are you hidin', Little Bo Peep."

"He's not hiding anything." "Except embarrassing stuff.." "Like his unusually large birth mark on his left hip. If you stare at it long enough, it kinda looks like Justin Bieber!" Bree, me, and Adam said in order.

"Let's go!" Perry ignored our comments and brought Chase along with her towards the lunch ladies that had the metal detectors. Chase had no choice but to put his phone in the bucket and let the lunch ladies scan him. When the wands reached his neck, they started beeping, signaling that they was metal.

"Well, what do you know? We got one!" Perry looked at Bree, Adam and I. "Flank him, girls. The little ones always put up a fight!"

-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-

I was staying with Adam, Bree, and Chase since I was also a 'culprit' to this case. Everyone else had left, except for us, which made the area eerily quiet.

"Everyone else cleared the checkpoint hours ago...so why do you four flesh-bags keep settin' it off?!" Perry screamed at us and I rubbed my neck. "You may not have the laptops, but you're hiding something. Maybe another pat-down from Carol and Deb will make ya talk." The two readied their gloves with menacing looks on their faces.

"Nope! We don't need that! I'm pretty sure they had their fill of scarring for today." I cringed at Perry and the two lunch ladies. The three tried making their way out, but Perry stopped them.

"No one is going anywhere till I get to the bottom of this." Perry threatened as she brought out her phone and called someone from her office.

"Guys, we have got to get out of here." Chase urged us.

"Relax. We just have to wait here out. There's no way Perry can actually see our bionics unless she rips our skin off." Adam offered.

"Have you met Carol and Deb?!" I rose an eyebrow and sarcastically asked.

"I'm pretty sure it's in their wheelhouse." Bree added.

"Okay! Good news!" Perry came out of her office, turning her phone off in the process.