Perry 2.0

~Published July 29, 2016~

<<Destiny's POV>>

Great. Ever since I teamed up with Perry on that Halloween Prank, she wants me to actually become a paying teacher. And by paying, I mean minimum wage. So me, being the reasonable one, I accepted, not because of the low paying income I might receive, but because she knows where I live...

Perry had an 'important' announcement to make, so Chase, Leo and I decided to go and see what it was. As we walked down the stairs, Perry got ready with her...stick microphone with a kid holding a speaker. They really need new stuff here, I'm tired of teaching students with ripped up 20 year old textbooks. It's ridiculous!

"Morning, germ sacks. I know that you've all been complaining that the technology around here isn't quite--" She was interrupted by feedback. "Isn't quite--" Interrupted again with a much louder, ear-piercing screech. "Isn't quite state of the art." She chuckles at the end with the microphone fixed for now.

"Gee, ya think?" I said out loud as everyone nodded.

"Quit it, Lilac!" She hissed at me. "As I was saying, thanks to yours truly, we're getting cutting edge equipment for the whole school to enjoy! Jojo, Betty! Come on ladies, wheel it in like it's hot!" Perry motioned for the two lunch ladies to wheel in an old school TV with a sheet under it. How do I know? Well, I know enough to see that it's older than what we have now.

"Behold! Mission Creek High's brand new media center!" Perry announced as one of the lunch ladies pulled off the sheet from the TV.

"I don't think you should call it technology is you have to change the channel with pliers." Leo said with sass. (Markipliers?! Get it?! Hehe, just ignore me)

"Why do I smell formaldehyde?" Chase asked.

"'Cause I found it on a curb outside the morgue." She answered and everyone's eyes widened in surprise. I wasn't surprised since it sounded just like her to do that, but seriously, Perry? "I'm getting all my Christmas presents there too! Aunt Dotty's gettin' sheets!"

"How is this thing new?!" Chase proclaimed to Perry.

"My thoughts exactly!" I broadcasted.

"It's new to you, lady-face!" She pointed at both of us as she went to get an extension cord from the teacher's lounge. "Alright, let's fire up the media center!" She exclaimed before she plugged the two together. It seemed to be fine until it blinked out and made the school lose its power. "Okay, okay, minor setback. For the record, you all look much better in this light."

"I would say the same for you, but I would know it's a lie." I muttered and everyone around me snickered.

-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-

I was helping Leo and Chase with their history homework since the textbooks were horrible like I said earlier. We all had different pages to the book, but it wasn't helping any of us progress.

"Leo, read what's on page 47 of your history book." Chase ordered.

"I don't have a page 47. I have a 4, a 12, a 32, and what I hope is gum on 98." Leo showed the gum attached to another page and we all grimaced at the sight.

"No 47 either. Got other things, and believe me, they're worse than the gum." I shook my head as they grimaced even more.

"These books are so old, listen to this: 'Chapter 4, horse-less carriages taking over the streets of America.'" Chase read out loud and I rolled my eyes.

"Other schools teach on laptops and tablets. We're reading on textbooks that warn us the 'British are coming.'" Leo complained.

"I mean they already came!" I protested.