Robot Fight Club

~Published August 29, 2015~

+Destiny's POV+

"Destiny! Did you hear! The annual robot throwdown is coming up!! You have to keep your promise!" Leo told me while bringing my laptop over to me. I was playing on my phone and I looked at my laptop screen. It showed the web page for the Robot Fight.

"What promise?" I asked him with a confused look.

"Last year you promised me you would help me with my robot this year." Leo told me. I put my head to the side and I tried remembering.

~~~~~~Le Not Fancy Flashback~~~~~~~

"Leo, for the last time, I'm not joining whatever you want me to help you with." I told him while rolling my eyes.

"How about next year? Will you help me then?" Leo offered.

"Ughh....Will you stop annoying me! I'm trying to work on your homework!" I pointed to the paper I had in front of me.

"Rock, paper, scissors. If you win, you won't have to help me next year, but if I win, you do. Deal?" Leo pulled out his hand so I would shake on it.

"Does that mean you will stop annoying me and continue with your video games?" I asked and he nodded. "Fine."

"Rock, paper, scissors, shoot!!" We both chanted in unison and he held up paper while I held up rock.

"Dang it!" I put my head down on my arm and he reminded me about it, then left...Ughh

~~~~~End of Not Fancy Flashback~~~~~

"I...don't remember such a thing..." I told him with a little pause.

"Yeah, you remember...You sometimes pull off a fake British accent when you lie to me...You've been watching too much of Doctor Who..." Leo admitted. (This is a little input by me because I am also going into Doctor Who!! Thank you Netflix!! Only on season 4 but keep reading! So sorry!)

"Man, I have to fix that. Alright, I remember. Now what?" I turned off my phone and looked at him.

"We have one more person to recruit!" Leo lead me into the lab to see Bree and Adam leaving Chase on the floor with their training clothes on.

"Chase, I can't believe I'm saying this, but we need your help." I told him which made Chase roll his eyes before standing  up.

"The annual Mission Creek Robot Throwdown is coming up." Leo started.

"Leo, for the last time. I'm not a robot. I'm a man." Chase told us but we continued to stare at him because we knew his last sentence wasn't true. "One day I'll be a man."

"We didn't mean it like that. Well, the robot part, not the man part, but anyways. It's a competition where remote control robots fight-"

"To the death!!!" Leo interrupted me. "Check it out." He started to play the intro video on the web page I was looking at earlier.

"Guys, that's cool and all, but I've got way better things to do than--" Chase was about to say, but Leo and I interrupted him by saying that the grand prize was $500. "And I'm in!!" Some kid was shown in the video and Chase and I had a confused look.

"Who's that kid?" I asked Leo.

"Kevin Stone. That smug jerk wins every year. He thinks he's so much better than me!" Leo told us with an egotistical tone.

"Sounds like he is better than you." Chase told him while crossing his arms. I nodded in agreement but Leo told us that it wasn't the point.