Chapter 6 Georgia

Chapter Six

Chapter Six

Georgia

The pain from consuming their venom wasn't as bad as it had been with my creators. Henry thought it could have been because we didn't feed on humans. I had to hand it to him, it was a very good theory.

After consuming their gifts, I realized I didn't even know what Elle's gift was.
"You know something Elle, I just realized that I don't even know what your power is." I sarcastically smirked at her.

She laughed a little. "Well, I can sense what a vampire's power is without them even telling me. That is how I knew your gift. It wasn't written in the book." She told me.

"Oh, I had just assumed it had been in the book." I stated.

"No, that was one detail that hadn't been included. All I knew was that you would have a special gift that would allow you to help the family."

"How do you feel?" Henry asked me. He was changing the subject, I recognized.

"Normal. Nothing really different," I acknowledged.

Henry chuckled and I hit him in the shoulder. We all laughed together after that.

Later on that night, we talked about relocating some place new. Since our last relocation didn't last very long.

We had a map and they said I could pick again. I was eager for a change and blindly pointed. When I opened my eyes, my finger had pointed to Georgia.

We had to prepare better for this move since it was 1991 and the United States population had tripled since my time.

Henry purchased a state guidebook so we could research the local wildlife and to find a realtor. We decided to move to the Piedmont Region. It had rolling hills with occasional isolated mountains as well as rivers and ravines all throughout the province. It also has one of the main things we need; an area of oak-hickory-pine forests and mixed deciduous forests. The thick shade comes in handy to keep a low profile. The number one thing required, our food source, was interesting in this area.

Georgia has everything from Mountain Lions, bobcats, gray wolfs, coyotes, white tail deer, wild pigs, bison's, manatee's and all kinds of tiny little critters. Henry was already interested in trying the bison. I had to roll my eyes at his enthusiasm. He sounded so funny talking so excitedly about the hunt.

Elle called a realtor and set up meeting for the next day. She got an address to an estate that was up for sale. Elle had to make sure it had plenty of shade for our daytime meeting so we packed up and headed out.

We arrived at the address just as the sun began to rise. We were very early but for a good reason. We had to make sure the shade would be thick enough for us to be out side. There were a few rough patches but we all dressed up in long sleeves and pants. Henry wore a large brimmed straw hat while Elle and I wore pretty shawls over our heads.