Chapter 23 - An End

Chapter 23

An End

By now, Edward and Renesmee could hear the approaching mind. Edward only paused a second before he looked to Bella.

"Renee is back," he said with a smile.

Bella ran straight out of the house with Renesmee on her heels. Edward was happy while I was confused. He finally looked to me to tell me who it was.

"Renee is Bella's Mother. She was diagnosed with cancer, Bella told her the truth about us, and Renee decided to be turned. She has been gone for two years."

"Why?" I was terribly confused because who would want to be away from this family. I couldn't even pull myself away to go on a proper honeymoon.

"She is a very different type of soul." Edward's expression was so comical that I had a huge smile while trying not to laugh. He just shook his head at me as he rolled his eyes.

Bella and Renesmee walked Renee, arm and arm, in to the living room. Bella immediately began the introductions.

"Mom, this is my new sister Moira and her husband Demetri, our new brother!" Bella exclaimed in pure joy.

We shook each other's hand as well as hugged. Renee pulled Demetri and me into a surprisingly quaint hug. Even as she stood next to me, her mind was so wild. I didn't understand anything. It was as if she was thinking of twenty different things at once.

'That's why she left for two years.' Edward thought to me without giving his self away. Except that, Renesmee knew. Renesmee was just so happy to finally have her Grandma home. 'She wanted to tour the world and live her new life like she wanted to live her old one but never had the chance.'

Edward didn't really have to explain things to me. I was sure I would have figured her out eventually just like I already was. I could also tell, even though Renesmee believes that her Grandma will stay now, that Renee doesn't have any intentions on staying in one spot for too long. She will visit more often though. Her thoughts regretted not visiting sooner. She sees how much Bella and Renesmee missed her.

"It's nice to meet you Renee," I said when she finally let me go. I was sure my eyes were huge in response to her no-boundaries type of personality.

"You too Moira!" She smiled and then turned her complete attention to her Granddaughter. "Nessie you are absolutely stunning! You have grown so tall! Catching up to your Mother already I see." She hugged Renesmee tightly as she swayed side to side with her. "I am so sorry for being gone so long without visiting."

"It's ok. You're here now and just in time for Christmas!" Renesmee chirped happily.

We all made our way to the sofas as Renee continued to stand. She loved being a vampire and hated pretending to be human even to satisfy someone else.

She spent the next few hours telling us all of her travels and adventures. She was a very colorful woman. After a while, Renesmee began to yawn and Renee noticed.

"Oh, I am so sorry. I totally forgot she sleeps. Go to bed sweetie. I will be here in the morning," Renee told Renesmee.

"You better," she pointed her finger at her, shaking it. "Mommy, can you and Daddy take me home. I miss my bed!"

After they left, Demetri and I excused ourselves for the evening too.

"Where are you two going?" Renee asked smiling. She actually wanted us to stay longer and chat.

"We have our own place to the east," I smiled back to her as I took Demetri's hand.

Renee smiled and looked to our hands. She was a little jealous that she didn't have a mate yet. If she only knew, I had to wait over a hundred years for mine. She was also a very impatient woman.