Chapter 15 - New Self

I stayed with Bella and Renesmee near the river while Edward first ran to get Demetri before heading into the house to speak with everyone.

Bella, Renesmee and I heard the shocked "what's" and "huh"s" as we listened to Edward explain the unbelievable and strange situation. I also heard Demetri's extreme concern as he tried looking for me out the large windows in the living room. He couldn't see though because I hid myself behind a large spruce tree.

"What if he doesn't love me anymore Bella," I caught my self asking. My tone took on as a little childish but I was afraid. I couldn't lose him now.

I knew there was no way for that to even be remotely true but my frightened self had to ask.

"Moira," Renesmee shot at me as she squinted her tired eyes. Bella turned her questioning gaze to her daughter.
"She knows it's not true mommy," she explained.

Our attention quickly turned to the others as they exited the house and approached us.

I was so scared that I began to do a strange vampire version of hyperventilating. Renesmee and Bella both placed a reassuring hand on my shoulders.

I gave them a small 'thank you' smile in return.

"Moira, will you please walk across the bridge to us with Renesmee and Bella?" Edward asked gently.

I looked up to Renesmee and Bella and they both nodded for me to join them.

I took a deep breath and stepped out from behind the tree I was using as a shield.

Instantly gasps filled the air.

Renesmee took my hand and led me across the bridge.

Once completley across, Demetri ran and enveloped me in to his reassuring arms.

"I was so scared, Moira. Please don't ever do that to me ever again. When Edward came to me I nearly collapsed." I saw his memory and it was true. The fear radiated through the memory. He held me tightly in his loving arms. Never wanting to let me go ever again. I tightened my hold on him as reassurance.

Everyone moved closer around us and with Renesmee's help I replayed the entire meeting with Aya back to everyone.

Renesmee was excited to tell Jacob I was related to the Quileutes but I wasn't sure we should tell him just yet.

After everything was explained and the shock of my new appearance were off, Bella and Edward took Renesmee back home so she could go back to sleep.

Demetri and I followed everyone else back into the main house. I was sure there were more discussions to be made.

After looking my reflection over in the window I turned to Alice who already had a very knowing smile.
"Well Alice, looks like we get to go shopping again," I suggested as I waved at my too tight close and busted shoes.

She laughed and clapped. "YAY!"
We chuckled at her enthusiasm.

"Hey Alice, can I go with you and Moira too?" Rosalie asked.

"Of course," she piped excitedly. "A girls day out."

Demetri's thoughts were sad. He didn't want to be away from me but he knew I needed new clothes.

"Um Alice, can Demetri come with us too?" I asked.

Alice pouted. "If he must."

Jasper whispered to her what he felt coming from Demetri and she looked  apologetically toward us.

"How about all of our men go?" I suggested after a thought.

"Yes that's a great idea,"Alice smiled brightly but it then faded. "Oh no. We have to measure you again for your wedding dress" she looked defeated which looked a little comical in that moment.