Chapter 19 - Practice

Chapter Nineteen

Practice

Demetri helped me up off the ground as we began to leave.

'Moira, can I speak to you please?' Billy Black thought to me calling my attention.

"Demetri love, wait here. Billy Black wants to talk to me." I whispered into his ear. He sighed but nodded.

I walked towards Billy's house as he rolled out onto his tiny porch.

"Yes Mr. Black?"

"Call me Billy please. I just wanted to show you a picture of my wife if you don't mind," he asked kindly.

"No not at all, please." I gestured to the picture in his hand. He slowly turned it over towards me so I could see it. 

She was older than I look, even now, but her beauty still shown clearly, as she smiled happily standing next to a younger Billy Black. "She is a beauty."

"Yes. Yes she was. Thank you again Moira." He looked up into my eyes. A sadness yet happiness in his.

I smiled and leaned down to kiss his forehead. I saw tears well up in his eyes as I nodded goodbye to him. He wasn't thinking anything at all in that moment or trying not too. He was happy and sad but was ok.

Demetri and I stopped by the house to tell everyone goodbye for a little while before we hid away in our home again for another three days.

Esme was excited to see us out once we emerged and joined the family back at the main house. Renesmee was happy too. She wanted me to play a round of tag with her and Emmet. I agreed because I hadn't played that as a vampire. It was very interesting and I found out why that was her favorite game - she was excellent at it.

I saw that it was a good technique to teach her how to dodge an enemy too if ever she needed too. Edward shot me a look. He hadn't thought of that but was thankful I did and agreed. He then started thinking of other things to teach her in game. 

As we continued to play, I had to stop cold as Alice's vision took over my sight. Emmet plowed into, knocking me into something and knocking that something over. I stayed put as I watched the vision play out.

A small group of cloaked vampires followed Demetri to the Cullen's and found that he was with me. Upon that discovery, they waited for an opportunity and killed Demetri. I began to sob before the vision released me, allowing me to see again.

Demetri's arms were wrapped around me lifting me up off the large pine tree that was knocked down with me. The whole family was there as we came together in the back yard.

"How many days?" Edward asked Alice.

"What did you see?" Carlisle asked. Everyone heard the severe concern in his tone and Esme gripped his arm tightly.

"Jane and two other Volturi guards were sent to find Demetri and see what was taking him so long in finding Moira," he answered with a pained tone of his own.

I knew he did not want that witch around his family even though Bella could protect them.

"Felix and Alec?" Demetri asked.

"No, it wasn't them. Another tracker and another one of the guards," Alice answered.

"Why would they just send Jane and two other guards?" Carlisle asked.

"Because they are only on an information mission. To either see if I have been killed or find out why I haven't returned to Volterra yet," Demetri answered.