Chapter 18 - A New Treaty

Chapter Eighteen

A New Treaty

After our three-day disappearance, we had to force ourselves to hunt. I opened the door to my closet and instantly gasped. Demetri ran up behind and wrapped his arms around me comfortingly.

"What's wrong?" he whispered.

"Nothing, it's just... Look how huge this closet is," I laughed.

"You're not kidding. No wonder Alice said you would have plenty of room for all your clothes," he laughed too.

He let me go so we could both get dressed. If we weren't burning with thirst, I wouldn't be out of my bed but we were burning and it was only getting worse. He slipped on a pair of black coated skinny jeans for men and a blue shaker crewneck sweater before I even found what I was going to wear. I was searching through my large section and finally found a greenish tan pair of skinny cargo pants. Then found a plain white t-shirt to go under my By the Barn greenish tan Cardigan. Lastly, I put on my favorite sketchers and held my hand out to Demetri to lead the way.

I fed on four deer before I finally felt full. I was a little embarrassed at how much I drank in front of Demetri but he didn't care about that. He was happy that I was no longer burning.

I was ready to return to our home and disappear for another three days with my husband when I suddenly felt wolves approaching us. I thought maybe they were passing near us until I heard Sam's thoughts. They were hunting us. I hissed through my teeth and snatched Demetri's hand running towards the main house.

Demetri was searching around to figure out what set me off like that.

"The wolves are hunting us, we have to get back to the family," I said as we ran.

I heard Sam's thoughts as he heard me tell Demetri they were after us and he began howling out to me.

'Moira, Moira, wait. We are not hunting you. We were just looking for you. We wanted to talk. That's all.'

I stopped dead in my tracks and Demetri nearly flew into a tree when I let his hand slip. With my lie discernment, I knew Sam said the truth so I stopped hissing and told Demetri.

As the wolves approached us, Demetri held me tighter in his arms. I knew he was still scared that this could be a trick but he trusted my judgment. I couldn't tell him it wasn't a trick if he didn't trust me because Sam now stood in front of us.

"Sam," I nodded to the large pitch-black wolf that still was a good three feet taller than me.

'Moira, thank you for stopping. I know Jacob told you about the council and they have asked me to talk to you now,' Sam began.

I nodded again to let him know I was listening.

'Tonight there is a traditional bon fire meeting at the cliffs and they have asked me to ask you and the entire Cullen family to join us. Please.'

Well that was different. I thought to myself.

"Will you come back to the house and tell everyone please?" I asked Sam.

The large black wolf nodded yes. He wasn't particularly fond of the idea but he agreed none the less.

"They have invited us all to join them on the reservation tonight," I told Demetri.

"All?" Demetri asked with the cutest expression on his face. I giggled at him at nodded yes.

I told Sam to lead the way and we followed them to the Cullen's. He didn't like having vampires at his back but he felt he trusted me enough. He didn't know why or what it was, but he felt a connection to me. I had a feeling with it me being kin to them.