Chapter 26 - First Honeymoon

Chapter 26

First Honeymoon

Renesmee danced the night away in Jacob's arms; they were so cute. He made her laugh and smile all night. They eventually were the only ones left on the dance floor and after a while longer the only ones left on the field.

Everyone else, including Edward and Bella, had cleared out and went home. I was happy to spend some time with Demetri but I would have to wait a little longer because Alice and Jasper caught us right before we reached our front door.

"Sorry Moira, Demetri," Jasper apologized because of Alice. "I tried to get her to wait till in the morning."

I laughed. "It's alright Jasper."

Alice had a vision of Demetri and me on Isle Esme and she wanted to know when I would like to go. I told her within the next month. So, Alice was going to inform Esme of her vision and that would let her know I would be asking to borrow her island soon.

After they left, I was actually looking forward to time alone with Demetri. I was in need of it.

Demetri and I talked all night about what we wanted to do on the island. I told him some of the things Edward and Bella said they did and that I would love to try everything also.

Bella's birthday party was quiet and quaint. We all gave her presents, a hug and a kiss and then left her alone. She appreciated that the most.

Renee and Spencer took their leave after giving Bella her present and her hug. She said goodbye to everyone else and then said she would see us soon before heading out again.

The Denali's left afterwards but Eleazar said for Demetri and me to come up for a visit next time so that I could practice more. Demetri and I both agreed and said our goodbyes.

Sometimes I wished they lived down here too but I understood more now then ever that a little distance between everyone was a good thing.

It had been an entire week before I could speak to Jacob alone. He and Renesmee had been out everyday until now. Alice took her into town to shop and to stop by Charlie and Sue's to say hi.

Demetri and I ran to Jacob's house where I only found Billy. He informed me that Jacob was on patrol with Brady and a few others. I said thank you and goodbye then followed Jacob's most recent scent out. They had run all the way up into the mountains. At first, I worried what had brought them all the way up there but I didn't smell any other scents beside theirs.

Demetri and I stopped in a path I thought maybe they would travel back down soon and I was correct. Before long, four large wolves came running down the path and stopped as soon as they seen us.

"Hi Jacob!" I waved.

He nodded hello to Demetri and Demetri waved back.

'What's up Moira? Is everything ok?' He thought to me.

"Oh, yea. Sorry about that, yes, everything is fine. I just needed to talk to you about something you told me you wanted me to tell you once I heard it." I hinted around. I wasn't sure if he wanted the pack to know but it was too late, they did.

'She is ready?' he asked excitedly.

"Yes!"

'Since when?' he was curious.

"Um, well, since her birthday party. I am sorry it has taken me so long to tell you but you two were never apart until today." I hoped he wasn't upset with me.

'I know. She wouldn't even leave when I needed to go on patrol and actually joined us.' he barked a little.

He sounded so funny. It was like he was trying to talk out loud but only could bark it.