Chapter 32 - A Proposal

Chapter 32

A Proposal

Edward fretted the entire time they were gone and Charlie laughed at him.

"Ha, now you are where I was when you two told me you were getting married," Charlie scoffed.

Emmet and I found that to be pretty funny and laughed. Demetri chuckled a little too followed by everyone else in the living room.

Alice wanted to go through clothes and tried to drag Bella and me up to her room but I wanted to stay next to Demetri so she conned Sue into going. The girls and me laughed as she drug Sue up the stairs.

"I'm in for it aren't I?" Sue asked us.

"Yes," we all laughed harder.

Sue rolled her eyes and Emmet let out louder than any of us as we laughed more.

Charlie was worried about Sue.

"She is doing a lot better Charlie," I said to him.

"Yes Charlie, she really is," Edward helped me convince him.

He sighed to himself. "That's good," he nodded.

"Relax Charlie before you get more grey hair," Emmet joked.

"I can still get grey hair?" ge asked seriously.

We all belted out laughing more so than before and if Charlie could still blush, he would have big time. As it was, he took his shoe off and nailed Emmet upside the head causing him to fall off the arm of the couch with a loud thud. We all laughed even harder then - we even heard Alice and Sue upstairs chuckling.

My fun mood abruptly halted as I heard Siobhan and Liam returning from their hunt. They were still stressed and worried about Maggie. Edward whispered for everyone to be quiet before they walked in.

'What about when Renesmee returns Edward? Everyone is going to be loud and happy. What should we do?' I thought to Edward.

He barely shrugged his shoulder as he watched them enter.

"Would you both like to try mountain lion blood?" Edward asked them.

I knew what he was doing.

Siobhan looked a little confused and then shrugged her shoulders. "Sure, why not."

Liam nodded his head with his nose already wrinkled.

"Emmet knows where the good ones are!" Edward offered his brother up.

"But we did just eat," Siobhan said.

"Ok, but it probably would be better to try it first after you just ate your regular way," Edward thought of a quick come back.

Just then, I heard Renesmee and Jacob getting closer and knew if Siobhan, Liam and Emmet didn't leave now that they probably wouldn't leave.

Edward somehow whispered to Rosalie without anyone else hearing him so she spoke up.

She jumped up and grabbed Emmet's hand. "Yes, I am thirsty. Let's go!" And with that Liam, Emmet and Siobhan followed Rosalie out the back door just as Jacob turned on to the Cullen drive.

'Good timing,' I thought to Edward.

We all waited for the happy couple to come through the front door and as soon as we saw Renesmee's already blushing cheeks, we all smiled.

Jacob led her to the middle of the living room to announce their news.

"Edward, Bella - I have asked your daughter to marry me," Jacob's voice was a little scruffy but he managed to keep his composure.