Chapter 23 - What is Wrong With Life

Previous release: January 20th, 2013

I didn't think that Toby could run that fast. In fact I didn't think any of them could run that fast. Someone hit my Dad, and we stumbled back.

"Put her down." Toby growled.

"Oh? And what if I don't?" My Dad said and wiped the blood from his mouth.

I decided to direct my kicks. I knew it was a long shot, since I was up close and personal with him. I kicked his arm and he dropped my bags. I looked in the window to the house and saw Anthony struggling to free himself. I kicked again, landing a blow to his stomach.

I was thanked by a painful slap to the face. Tears sprung into my eyes. "You son of a bitch!" I heard Jack yell.

We stumbled back again, this time falling. To make it even better my Dad fell on me. "F***!!" I cried. "Get off me!!" It felt like I was being sat on by an elephant.

My Dad got up and ran towards the guys, more so to Toby."Hmm you seem to like this boy? Then lets see what we ca- WHAT THE HELL!?" My Dad started to say until Anthony rushed out the door and slammed himself into my Dad.

He tried to punch Anthony in the face, but he ducked. "Dude just put her down!" Sean yelled.

"Why should I?" My dad retorted.

"Because you hate me! Why the hell would you want me back home?" I exclaimed, still flailing my legs.

Instead of answering me I was thrown on the ground. "EM!" Toby cried as he ran towards me.

"Whatever, she was a pain in the ass anyway." My dad said as Jack, Sean, and Anthony stood in front of Toby and I.

Ian's POV

I woke up on the floor. "What the hell am I.. Oooh right." I mumbled and got up. I heard some yelling and slowly went to the door. I opened the door just in time to see Emerald dropped onto the ground. Hard.

They said some other things that I couldn't quite hear. Toby was at her side holding her close. I smiled at heart. I know that she had this Brendan dude back in New York, but it just didn't seem right to me. And to see my little sister with Toby? Someone who loves her deeply and would drop anything he was doing, just to go see her. It made me happy. Not only that, but he made her happy.

"Esmeralda Joann Hecox, don't you ever come home! You are no longer welcome there!" My Dad roared and started towards his car that he had parked on the lawn.

"Hey Dad!" I shouted, and immediately regretted it. My head felt as though it would burst. But I continued anyway. "What ever happened? We use to be sooo close" I said sarcastically.

"Shut the f*** up Ian!" My dad scowled as he got in his car and drove away. What a ass f***.

Jack's POV

Wow that's Ian's Dad, and I guess Esmeralda's Dad also. What ever happened between those three, didn't seem too good.

The dude flipped us off before he left. I looked over at Toby and Esmeralda. He was holding her tightly, while she was pulling back. I came a bit closer. It seemed as though they took the most hits.

"Emerald are you okay?" Toby said frantically when she managed to pull back. 'Oh okay she goes by Emerald' I thought when Toby said her name.

"I'm fine, just bruised. Probably all over, but still fine." She said rubbing her eyes. "You have a black eye." She frowned and gently brushed her thumb near it.

"I'm fine." He said wincing slightly from the touch.

Emerald looked over at Sean, Anthony and I. Ian started to hobble over to us. He looked as though he'd been hit by a train.