Chapter 13 - Admitting Truths

Previous release: January 5, 2013

Emeralds POV

Its July second the fourth day I've been in California and I'd say its one of the most unproductive. I spent the day with Toby. Mid day a couple hours before I went back to the guys house, Toby and I were watching a movie. Don't ask me what it was about because I really wasn't listening.

Out of the blue Toby grabbed my hand. I looked down skeptically, but brushed it off because I didn't mind. After a couple minutes he kissed my cheek. I blushed, probably looking like a cherry . Next thing I knew he was kissing me. No waring at all just boom right on the lips. The odd thing was I liked it. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him back letting him know I was fine with it.

His lips traveled down my neck as I ran my fingers through his fluffy brown hair. I tilted his head back up so I could kiss him again. This time his tongue played at my lips begging for entrance. He playfully nipped at my bottom lip as I tried to decide whether I should let him. I decided yes of course. His tongue came into my mouth and we kissed for what seemed to be eternity but was really only a minute or two.

His hands started to slip under my shirt. I paused for a split second to put all of this together, but it was quite hard to focus when the man that you've dreamed of meeting was stuck to your face. He started to slip my shirt off as he lay me back on the couch. I suddenly had a flashback to when Anthony had kissed me. I shook that off this wasn't the same. Or was it? Sure I liked Anthony first, but Toby.... Toby didn't have a girlfriend...

'But you have a boyfriend stupid.'

I was brought back to reality when Toby nipped my ear gently. I gave him a playful smile. He just rolled his eyes and kissed me again.

When his hands slid under my back and grabbed my bra, THAT is where I drew the line. I made a vow to myself that I wouldn't....do anything of this kind...until I was 19. Which my birthday was in 8 days but hey 18 is 18.

I pulled away from his kiss and said "Woah, that's were I cross the line." I put my hands on his chest and pushed him back a little.

"Why?" He asked me in a deep baritone voice that I'd never heard before. I swear I almost broke my promise right then and there.

"Toby," I said sympathetically. "I'm only 18 and I made a promise to myself."

He considered this. "When your birthday?" He asked jokingly. I gently hit his chest and smiled.

"July 12th ." I replied matter-o-factly.

"Ooh so I don't have to wait that long now do I?" He smiled. I rolled my eyes and hit him again. He got off me and handed me my tank top. I put it back on quickly. "I made things awkward didn't I?" He asked pouting a little.

"No Toby you didn't. " I told him and gave him a hug.

"So your saying you've never had.....sex?" He asked awkwardly.

"Nope." I said shaking my head.

"But don't you have a boyfriend? Shit I remember that now, and not before. I'm and idiot.”

"Yeah" I said ignoring the second part. "He found out the way you did. Except he wouldn't talk to me for a week..."

"Ahh the sex drive of a teenage boy. I hated those days. All the girls hated me. I'd be like 'gurrrl wachu doin?' " He said in his ghetto voice "And then they'd slap me." I laughed and hugged him again. He hugged me back. We stayed like this until the end of the movie when I went to what I now consider...home.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day (The fifth)

"Hey babe" I said as cheery as I could when Brendan answered the Skype call.

"Hey Em. Whats up?" He said, clearly happy to see me. 'I can't tell him about what happened last night can I? No its to risky' My conscience reasoned.

"I uh have to tell you something." I said slowly.

"What? Do you want to come home?" He asked concerned.

"No no, Brendan I don't ever want to come home. I love you and everyone but I don't want to." I said taking my time to explain.

"Well!? What is it!? Did they hurt you?" He asked sounding sligtly annoyed but worried.

"No, what wrong with you?" I knew he wasn't mad at me. He was use to me not spitting things out.

"I saw Toby's vlog with you sleeping on him." He said bitterly. "I told you, now you tell me"

I took a deep shaky breath and felt a tear run down my face. "I-I-I I cheated on you..."

Brendan's face went from concerned, to filled with rage, to no emotion at all in the blink of an eye. "With who?" He asked calmly.

My body convulsed a little. The way he asked so calmly reminded me of my dad. "..Toby." I croaked.

There was and awkward silence between the two of us. Then all of the sudden he grunted in anger as he chucked his phone across the room and the the call ended. I sat on my bed crying softly.

I forgot to close the door to my room, and Ian was standing there. When I saw him he walked in and sat on my bed and pulled me into a hug.

Ian leaned down to my ear and whispered "Anthony told me what you do.." I nodded to tell him I heard. "Can you please show me? Anthony said it was real bad" I shook my head. "Please?"

I sighed and shook my head again. Ian pulled away from me and started to part the string bracelets on his left arm. Underneath them were giant scars. I stared in bewilderment. "Now please show me" he said sympathetically. I sighed and took my bracelets off one by once, wincing when they hit my arm wrong.

His reaction wasn't like most. He just hugged my tightly. "Please stop." He said.

I pulled out. "You think I haven't tried?" I said almost screaming. "I've done this for eight - almost nine years Ian! It takes the pain from my life away!"

"Emerald I started when I was 10. 16 years I've done this!" He said pointing to his arm. "And I haven't cut myself in a year."

I burst out crying and threw myself backwards onto the bed "i just want my brother back." I whispered sorrowfully, and finally admitting to myself that this was my reasoning for self harm.

Ian's POV

Anthony was now standing at the door. He seemed to be saying 'Ian don't lie to her' I sighed. "Emerald I just don't want you to kill yourself"

"What would you know?" She asked irritated. She seemed to be looking for something.

"I've faced death in the face 3 times." I whispered. This caught her attention because as soon as I said that her icy gaze looked straight at my matching colored eyes.

"Wha-what?" She stuttered.

I separated the bracelets on my other arm and showed her the deep gashes on my arm. I saw anthony shake his head in shame of my cuts and said, "Olga's here" and walked away.

"I-Ian..."

"My third scare was two days before we filmed the mailtime when we got your video." I looked down at my feet. "I don't want that to happen to you.."

I was soon being held by slender arms and I was pulled into another flashback.

'I came home and threw my stuff on the couch. I ran to my room and slammed the door shut. "How dare they say that. Just because they fight doesn't mean its my fault. What did I do?" I yelled at myself. I was so engulfed in my anger i hadn't heard my door open. I soon felt little arms wrap around my legs. I looked down and smiled. She knew just how to make me feel better. I picked her up and kissed her cheek. She giggled. She was too cute.'

Emerald kissed my cheek. "I'll be okay" she smiled, her eyes meeting mine with a serious look. She got off the bed and walked out of the bedroom.