Chapter 17 - Arguments

Previous release : January 10, 2013

Authors Note: (c-c-c-c-COMBO) [<---- um wat...] : What? A note in the beginning? I just wanted to make it clear since I didn't point it out in the last chapter that I skipped like five days, making it now the 12th which is Emerald's Birthday. JUST MAKING SURE YOU KNOW!! :D

On the side is a random a$$ video of Jacks about a birthday. Enjoy...

Emeralds POV

I woke up on my own. Well I should say i mostly woke up on my own. When I woke I was in the best of moods. As I sat on my bed imagining what the guys had come up with for my birthday. They kept telling me that they weren't planning anything, but we all know I'm not an idiot.

I heard commotion coming from somewhere in the house. I opened my door slowly and peeked out.

"I'm just saying that we should let Toby watch her while we get everything ready." Ian whisper yelled at Anthony.

"Why? I'm not good enough for your sister Ian? I could keep her occupied." Anthony retorted.

Ian looked hurt. "Ant, man it's not that.... The look in her eyes when she sees Toby... It's different than when she's around you... Dude I'm sorry." Ian said sympathetically.

Anthony looked as though he'd been bitch slapped. I knew Ian was right. I liked Anthony and Toby, but when I was at my worst, I'd always go to Toby's videos first. Not there's. "It's not your fault Ian, its just god! I don't even know."

Ian sighed. "It gets better man."

Anthony lolled his head to the side. I assumed he had rolled his eyes. "Right like you would know. You've been with Melanie for what? Six years now?"

Ian gave a half hearted smile. That's when I decided to stop there bickering, and walked out of my room. "Oh hey Emmy" Ian smiled when he saw me. I blushed. "Still blushing over that?"

I rolled my eyes. 'I so wish my slippers had wheels. Life would be so much better' I thought as I walked into the kitchen to put bread in the toaster. "Well I haven't been called that in 15 years you know. Aside from jokes and my ex calling me it occasionally." Ian laughed at my comment. Anthony shook his head and smiled.

"19 eh?" Anthony said like a perv. I rolled my eyes again. "That means you legally should be able to move away from your dad and not have to go back." He said in a completely different tone.

"I guess. I mean that would be more of 21. But I'm not going back either way." I said taking the toast out of the toaster.

"That's the spirit!" Ian said in the "billy voice" and ruffled my already messy hair. I poker faced at him, and he laughed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When they sent me off to Toby's I grabbed my heelys, and heely'd down the street to Toby's. As I was almost there, guess who I ran - almost literally - into.

"How ya doing Emerald" her fake happy, squeaky voice said.

"What the hell do you want Kalel?" I said like a total bad ass.

"Ooh someone wasn't taught manners." She hissed being a bitch back.

"Fine" I rolled my eyes. "Oh I'm so deeply sorry Kalel, What would you like?" I said in a sarcastic happy tone, letting my accent roll out to put more emphasis on the 'manners' part. 'Lots of fake voices here..' I thought.

"This!!" She yelled and started to throw a punch. I ducked and fell back due to my shoes wheeling out from under me. I kicked her hard in the knees, causing her to stumble back.