My crying slowed down and my vision cleared. I seen my mother standing before me wiping her eyes every time a tear fell. "I'm just glad you're okay. You're alive baby" She stated and I felt like I was dreaming. She came closer and kissed my forehead and wiped away one of my stray tears that I hadn't known that fell.  "You got shot baby and all of your friends are out there waiting to see you. They've stayed here with you the whole time to make sure you're okay. You are going to have some rough and hard times but you are going to be just fine. Everything's going to be okay."

"What's wrong with me momma? Am I going to die?" I could feel my heart begin to cave in my chest. My breathing quickened and the monitor that was connected to me started beeping.

"Baby calm down you are going to be fine. You are not going to die any time soon." She assured me and leaned forward to wrap her arms around me. We sat there and held each other for what seemed like eternity. I was holding on to her for dear life. As if I let her go she was going to fade away.

"When can I go home?" I asked slowly pulling away from her grasp. She looked down at me with a sad expression and patted my back lightly.

"We don't know yet baby. They have to run more tests and make sure you're well enough to walk out of here. It will be hard for you to walk but we are going to get some type of physical therapy for you." She stated causing me to raise an eyebrow at her.

We are broke. We don't have money to do any of that. Matter fact how did she even get here. My mind start racing. My mother begged me to stay home but I just had to come to Virginia Beach. I hate myself so much. I could feel tears begin to well in my eyes all over again. I didn't know what to do or say so I just sat there stuck in the same position, looking off into a corner. I blinked my eyes slowly to make sure no tears slip down my face. "Mom we can' t afford this. I'm sorry mom, I should have just stayed home like you asked me to. "

"Baby don't worry about anything except getting better. I know your friends are waiting to see you and very concerned about you. You ready to see them?" Her demeanor changed. She didn't want me to stress about that and I knew it but that's what we needed to be worrying about.

Hospital bills.

How we were going to get back to Chicago.

When could I go home and get this nightmare over with.

I was deep in thought trying to come up with a plan to get out of this hectic ass situation. I was so lost in my own thoughts that I hadn't noticed my mother got up and opened the door for Lyn, Shai, Monica and Shayla. Everyone except Lyn raced to my bed hugging and kissing me. They made me feel warm and loved and like I mattered. After they were all done I looked directly towards Lyn and just stared for a moment. She was in shock and looked as if she couldn't move.

I wanted to say something to her but I didn't know what to say. She looked as if the weight of the world was on her shoulders. I wanted to take her pain away but I knew that I couldn't since I'm the cause of her pain. If I wasn't so engrossed in my own world I would have noticed sooner that everyone was looking at me look at Lyn.

"Lyn Ann Marie you're going to stand there or give me a hug?" I stated in a joking manner trying to lighten the situation. She didn't make a movement yet.

"Lyn are you okay?" My mother asked her and walked towards her giving her a hug that Lyn did not return. Lyn just nodded and turned away from my mother and back to us.

"So which  one of you are the reason my bestfriend got shot and is laying in this hospital bed?" Lyn spoke causing a chill to run down my spine. My mother's neck snapped towards all of us and she looked around at us all.

"What the hell do you mean by that? You saying we purposely got her fucking shot? Those are words of war Lyn you of all people should know. Please choose your words wisely." Shai stated very irritably. This was a huge accusation Lyn was making but I had to make sure it wasn't one of their intents to actually get me shot.

Why would they even want me shot? I don't know much about slanging or any of that so what use would it be to shoot me?

"It wasn't done purposely and the bullet was meant for me." Monica spoke quietly. "Me or Givenchy" She looked towards the floor. Tears began to well in my eyes once again.

"Why" I spoke with a cracked voice. Monica hadn't raised her head yet and she didn't seem to moving any time soon.

"Who the hell is Givenchy and what does she have to do with this?" My mother asked very harshly causing almost all of us to cower.

"You mean he?" Shayla asked causing Shai to chuckle.

"Whatever the fuck it is it got my baby shot" She snapped her neck in their direction making their postures and faces straighten.

"I apologize. Whenever I find whoever did this will not see the light of day. Cheyanne I'm so sorry." Givenchy, Cameron and Deonte were all standing at the door. Yet Givenchy was the one to speak.

"They better fucking not. I helped run the streets of Chicago and it won't take shit for me to have you and the person who shot my daughter heads on sticks while attending your funerals." She stated adamantly. She had a crazed look on her face and I knew she was speaking of the fact that she was once the wife to my top of the hour drug dealer father.

"Yes ma'am. It'll be taken care of." He spoke with pride and assurance. My mother nodded and Monica raised her eyebrow at him.

Well this won't end nicely.