Twenty: His wife

Levy.

I woke up with a headache.
I was still having trouble comprehending the last conversation Julie and I had.
It was like my brain wasn't grasping the predicament I had just placed myself into.
I honestly didn't think she had it in her to blackmail me like this.
I guess you never really know who you're marrying until it's too late.

I sat up on the couch and made my way to the guest bathroom and showered there.
It was evident I was trying to avoid her as much as I could, but living in this house with her made it very difficult.
I got dressed and headed downstairs where breakfast was laid out on the table.
Eggs, bacon, toast, waffles, beans.
The only time Julie has ever made a breakfast this big was on birthdays or the time she got her job as a doctor.

"Good morning Levy," she said siting down on the chair that was so familiar to her.
I grunted and sat down in the chair that had become mine.
She smiled.
I looked at her in disgust.
"Still angry, I see," she said as she served her food and mine.
I didn't say anything.
"Well, if you're not going to talk, I will." She finished serving our food portions and picked up her fork.
"I told my parents about the baby-"
"Already? Julie you found out what, two days ago that you were pregnant, and you've decided to tell everyone?"
"I didn't tell everyone. I told my parents."
"It's too early into the pregnancy to be telling anyone. Things can change."
She dropped her fork.
"I want this baby, and I'm having it. That won't ever change."
"You can have a miscarriage, the child could have deformities, you don't know what could happen in the next nine months."
"Did you forget I'm a doctor? What better person to take care of a child than a doctor herself?"
I shook my head. I didn't have to tell her that even doctors could experience problems in their pregnancies. She already knew that.
I didn't say anything more.

Her smile returned and she picked back up the fork.
"Anyways, like I was saying, before I was rudely cut off," she glanced at me. " I told my parents and of course they're excited. They invited us to dinner this weekend."
"I can't-"
"I wasn't asking you Levy. I'm telling you dinner starts at five on Saturday."
I stared at her. I watched as she picked up her fork and ate her food as if everything was fine.
I didn't know who she was.
This person who sat before wasn't my wife.
She was definitely not the same easy-going fun girl I met seven years ago.

"Aren't you going to eat?" She asked me pointing at, with her fork, the full plate of food that was in front of me.
"I'm not hungry," I said, pushing the food aside.
She laughed. "Really? You're not hungry.
You're ungrateful, that's what you are. You're always bitching about not having a wife that would cook you meals." She smirked. "Men. They never know what they want, huh? You want food, I make you some, it's a problem. You want a kid, I give you one, it's a problem."
She pulled my plate towards her and packed up the untouched food.
"That's fine. Just use this time to build an appetite for Saturday, because you're going to eat."
I got up, not saying anything to her. I put my shoes on and headed to leave the house.
As soon as I opened the door to leave, I heard my wife speak.
"Oh and Levy honey, tell that bitch that you're screwing that I said hello."

I stopped midway. Frozen in place, I didn't know what to do, but I knew I had to act fast.
All the seconds I stood there in the doorway only confirmed that I was indeed sleeping with someone else.
I slammed the door and walked back into the house.
"What did you just say?"
"You really think I'm stupid, don't you? We've been married for years and you've never acted this suspicious."
She walked towards me as she spoke.
"Forgetting to call me. Coming home late with no valid excuses. The hair I found on one of your sweaters. I know that's not my hair. Not to mention you haven't collected your ring from the shop yet. I called them, Levy. They said the ring has been fixed for weeks now."
I tightened my jaw and continued to stare at her.
She noticed and laughed.
"So you're going to get angry now? Mad because you're caught? You know how divorces go for cheating spouses. Try to divorce me now, ha." She started to laugh.
"And the funny thing is, I'm not even upset about it," she went on. "I'm guessing your little student whore doesn't know you're married. Wait until she finds out that you're having a child."

Her words made me angry. It could have been because she was right or the fact that it looked like she was enjoying this too much.
Did she even want to be with me? Or was she just trying to punish me?

"And you want to know the funniest thing of all?" She came closer to me and stood inches away from my face. "Everything I was saying was just my suspicions. I wasn't even 100 percent sure if you were actually having an affair, but you're facial expressions just gave it all away."

"So why not just divorce me?" I said to her, trying to keep my anger at bay.
"Because there's no fun in that," she said. "We get divorce, you screw your whore, you're happy in your new life. This way is more painful. It may not seem so right now, but I'm really hurt, Levy. I've been in too many relationships like this. You're the last person I thought would ever make me feel this way.It's time you feel how I feel."

A/N
Hey readers, I've realized that it's been a long time since I've checked in and since I've posted a chapter. I'm sorry about that. I've been pretty busy. I really do hope you love(not like, but love) this chapter. I know it was a bit short. I wanted to keep the suspense.
Anyways, I will try to be better with the updates. Thanks for all your support. You guys are lovely❤️.
Please leave me feedback, I would love to know how you felt about this chapter and what you feel about the whole situation in general :). Ttyl :*