Three: His White Shirt

Athena:

After my last class, I strolled through the campus and took in the fresh air. I passed by the tables of recruitment for sororities and frat houses.
"Hey," someone called out to me. I turned around.
A tall and skinny blond-haired girl approached me.
"You're very pretty," she said. "What's your name?"
"Athena," I replied back.
"I'm Brittany," she said as she extended her right hand toward me. I shook it.
"Have you ever thought about joining a sorority?" she asked as she studied me.
"No, I haven't given it much thought."
"Well you definitely have the looks for it- not that sororities are all about looks," she corrected herself.
"What else do you focus on?" I asked curiously.
"Well, it varies within each sorority. For our sorority, Theta Xi," she says while doing some type of routine hand gesture. "We focus on academics and also help out local charities. And we can't forget the sorority parties! Our model is "Beauty and Brains."
I nodded.
"What's your GPA?"
"3.9"
"Great, Would you be interested?"
"Maybe," I admitted.
"Here, take this," she handed me a pamphlet. "Make sure you come to our open house on Friday, it's going to be fun," she said as she walked off.

I stared at the pamphlet for a moment before I continued on my way to the dorm.
I opened the door to my room and Michelle was on the floor doing crunches with music blasting.
I walked over and turned off her music.
"Hey!" She cried out.
"That's strike one," I said to her.
"Excuse me?" She asked.
"Yesterday, I heard everything. I couldn't sleep. Next time do it somewhere else," I said with a firm voice.
She laughed. "Sorry, I thought you were sleeping."
"Well, I wasn't."
"Geez okay, next time I'll give you a warning. Happy now?"
"No, your music is too loud, I need to study."
"It's the first day of school, what do you possibly have to study for?"
"I have to do readings," I said.
She rolled her eyes and got up. "You're boring."
"And you're selfish."
"Whatever," she said as she left the room, slamming the door behind her.

I did readings until my eyes started to hurt.
I didn't have time to relax like other students. I was only at this university because of my academics. If I wanted to keep the scholarship money, I had to keep my average up.

I looked at the pamphlet Brittany handed to me. It was the first day and I hadn't made any friends yet. Maybe the sorority would be good for me. Maybe I'd even find a boyfriend.

I began to feel hungry so I decided to look around the campus and see what kind of food places were around. I walked around for twenty minutes before I found a sushi bar. I walked towards it and bumped into someone.
"Watch it," I said.
Coffee spilled on my pants and some on the man's shirt.
The man I had bumped looked up at me.
Of course. Professor Levy.
"The attitude on you is quite surprising, seeing how you're such a small person," he said as he towered over me. I haven't realized before that he was a bit over six feet.
I blushed in embarrassment.
"Sorry Professor," I said. "I'm just having a rough night. My roommate, the stress."
"What stress, if you don't mind me asking?"
"Well, I'm here on scholarship, and even with that, I barely got in. I have to maintain my average if I want to stay in."
He looked at me as he said, "I see."
As he stood in front of me, I was able to take in his beautiful structured jaw and his intense blue eyes. The colour is so bright yet so bold.
I started to stare at all his features, his broad shoulder and muscular arms which were barely covered by his long sleeve shirt. I continued down to his abdomen until the spill of the coffee on his shirt snapped me back to reality.
"Ohh, the coffee on your shirt, I'm sorry about that," I said. "Maybe I can help pay to buy a new one," I said as I looked around for the tag, Calvin Klein.
"Or maybe not." It was clear that I couldn't afford his clothing.
He laughed. "It's okay, I'm sure I can figure out a way to get this stain off."
I nodded and there was a slightly awkward silence.
"Were you going to the sushi bar?" He asked.
"Yeah," I said. "I was planning to before I bumped into you."
"Let me treat you to sushi," he said as he gestured towards the bar.
"I should be treating you since I ruined your shirt,"
"I insist," he said.
So I allowed him.
He bought us both sushi and we sat at nearby seats.
"Thank you," I said as we sat down.
He made a gesture with his hand as a means to say don't worry about it.
"Is it allowed, for a student to have sushi with a professor on campus, so late?"
He laughed. "It's okay eight o'clock, and I don't see why not."
I nodded.
We talked for several minutes until some faculty members interrupted to say hello to Professor Levy.
Our conversation was overtaken by silence. Most likely due to the fact that it was rare to see a professor and student on what looked like a date.
So the stares from the faculty members put a dent in our talk.
"Well, I should probably get going," I said as I got up.
"I as well," he said.
We stood face to face, not sure how to part ways. A hug was inappropriate, but it felt as though we had already passed certain boundaries.
We settled for a handshake.
The handshake was softer and more of a frank handhold.
And with that, we parted ways.

A/N. The next chapter will be from Levy's point of view. This way we will get to know a bit about him. Hope you're enjoying it so far. Comment and vote!