Twenty-Seven: Her altercation

I walked away from his car feeling better about everything. Then my overthinking trait knocked in and I realized that I didn't get answers for any of the questions I went to his house to get. He never told me why he didn't text me. He never told me why he missed his class. In fact he pretty much insinuated that I was clingy and then we had sex. I now understood all the girls who became obsessed over men. I understood all the girls who I used to laugh at in high school. I thought they didn't have their priorities right and I've turned into that girl. Ew. I hated myself in this moment because even after coming to that realization, all I wanted was to see Levy tonight and be with him. Fuck.

I got a text from Daria.
Don't forget I'm coming to your campus this weekend. Can't wait! - Daria
Oh damn, I did forget. I've been so busy with everything that it completely escaped my mind. When I looked up at my phone I saw Chris. He was leaning on the side of the building looking at me. I looked back just to make sure he wasn't looking at someone else but once I didn't see anyone, I knew. I looked back at him and he grinned then spat his gum out and walked away.
Oh shit! Did he see me get out of the car? No he couldn't have. How would he know which car was Levy's. But maybe he did. I should tell Levy. Or maybe that wasn't a good idea because then he would end things. Okay, calm down Athena! I decided to keep it to myself because I didn't know for sure and there was no point of freaking him out.

I walked back to my dorm. Michi wasn't home. I guess she finally decided to go to class. I had one class I had to attend in two hours but didn't do any of the readings for it. It wasn't like me to not be prepared. I spent the hours studying trying to catch up on my school work and went to class.
After class I decided I was going to take it easy and just relax for the rest of the night. Just then I got a text from Brittany.
Pledge event tonight at 10. Don't be late -Brittany
Damn I forgot that I pledged to the sorority. That was two for two. Did it make sense to still do it? Would I have time? I'd see how it went tonight and make my decision. I hoped Chris wasn't going to be there but most likely he was.

I started to get dress. I usually would go for a dress but I felt more relaxed today so I put on black tights, a black shirt with a cutout at the chest which emphasized my breasts and a pair of red heels. I looked at my self in the mirror and new I looked sexy. My ass looked amazing and so did my breast. I grabbed my purse and left. Michi hadn't been back to the room for the whole day. A part of me was concerned and the other part of me was relieved. I would probably see her tonight screwing some guy when I got home.

I was walking through the campus when I ran into my mom trying to sneak out of the dean's office.
"Mom!" I blurted out in surprise.
"Oh-uh Athena darling, uh-uh hi, what um are you doing here?"
I have never seen my mom speechless or so much as stutter in my life. Guilty. Which I already knew. Maybe I should have given her her speech on vocabulary like she always did to me.
"I go to school here," I said sarcastically. "The real question is what are you doing here?" I asked testing her to see if she'd be honest. Honestly I didn't expect her to because she was always lying and hiding things from me. Not in a way a mother would do to protect a child but in a way someone would do to keep power over another person. Knowledge was power and she loved to know more than others. She loved to know more than me. Don't get me wrong she wanted me to be smart, but not as smart as her.
The dean exited his office building a moment later. He noticed my mom and me and a look of panic washed his face.

"Oh um hey, I'm Jacob, your uh," he looked at my mother for a brief second then finished. "Your dean." He extended his hands.
I watched his hand and did not return the gesture. He dropped it and my mother closed her eyes for a moment and sighed.
"You're being rude," she tried to whisper to me but I'm sure the dean heard.
"Well I should probably go," he said looking a bit defeated. "It was nice to meet you Athena," he said before he left. It was weird but he looked a little disappointed about our exchange. Why would he care about meeting me?

"So, answer the question mom, what are you doing here?" I asked. "And use your words correctly" I mocked her.
"I was just uh just checking to see how you were progressing in school," she responded hoping that I would believe her. If I didn't know what was going on, I might have believed her because she was that type of parent. Controlling and nosy.
"At nine o'clock at night?" I said unamused.
"Well your dean is very accommodating and understanding to my busy schedule," she kept going. Then she looked at my outfit. "Where are you going young lady so late at night on a school night?" She started. I was going to let her go on but I was getting annoyed and I had somewhere to be.
"Cut the crap mom, you're fucking him." The words just escaped out of my mouth.
"Athena!" She exclaimed with her eyes widen. Expressions of surprise, embrassement, and shock invaded her face all at once. "Language, young lady."
"Really that's all you can say? Language?" I felt my blood boil. "You're cheating on dad!" I yelled.
"Athena," she looked around. "Lower your voice," she said in a stern voice.
"No I will not lower my fucking voice. Tell me you're not! You can't because you are! You're a cheater!" Students started to stop and stare.
"You cannot talk me me that way. I am your mother!"
"I don't give a shit and in this moment that means nothing," I yelled back
"You and this anger problem of yours!" She adjusted her purse on her shoulder. "This has nothing to do with you. It's between your father and I".
Tears started to fall down my face.
"Does he even know mom?" I asked her. "Or are you hiding this like you hide everything else."
"Athena, you wouldn't understand. And I can't talk to you in this state." She sighed. "Go home, get some rest and we'll talk tomorrow." She started to walk away
"No!" I grabbed her arm and pulled her back. "Tell me now." I pleaded angrily. She looked at me and shook my arm off of hers. She then approached me, took her hands and wiped the tears from my face. She didn't say a word. She left.

I stood there tears streaming down my face. A class had ended in the middle of my argument and a handful of students were standing around. When she left most of the students who stopped to stare left to continue on with their plans for the evening. A couple stayed whispering about the events that took place. Finally they left and I was alone except for one person. I couldn't see who it was but I could see the shadow remaining.

I stood there unsure of what to do next.
"Athena," Levy called out in a soft voice. It was his class that just ended. He approached me.
"Are you alright?" He asked with a concern voice.
He pulled me in a corner, away from the public eye and hugged me. He held me and I just cried and cried until I had no more tears left.
"Come," he said as he led me to his office.

When I got there I went to the bathroom. I looked at my puffy eyes and the mascara ink that travelled down my my face. I looked like a mess.
Levy came into the bathroom to check on me. He stood behind me looking in the mirror with me.
I wipes my eyes.
"I'm such a mess," I said.
"No, you're beautiful," he corrected me. My stomach fluttered. I turned around facing him and he stood inches away just staring at me. I couldn't express how I felt. There was a rush of emotions and I couldn't get enough of him. I stood there helplessly falling for him. My professor. He put his hand on my right cheek, kept it there a moment before he kissed me.