Ten: His Urge

Levy

I taught my class but ended it early today. I was too distracted by my thoughts.
I shouldn't have kissed Athena.
It was strange. I knew it was wrong for so many reasons but it didn't feel that way.
I felt right, natural , easy.
I haven't felt that way in a while. Maybe since the first year my wife and I started dating.
I forgot how it felt to start fresh, to lust and to crave someone, to want to see them again and again.
To be with someone different.

I sat at my desk and took out my copy of the professor rules and regulations guide.

Section F. Professor/Student relationships.
As a professor it is your job to teach your students at a professional level.
This applies to any professor who teaches at the university at any undergraduate and graduate level.
This extends to both Part-time and full-time professors who teach at the university.A professor who previous taught, but no longer teaches, is excluded.
(1): A professor may not have any sexual or romantic relationship with any student who attends the university (Graduated students do not apply) who is majoring in the division that that professor teaches.
(2): A professor may not put his or herself in a position that can be misunderstood as an act of abusing his or her power.
(3): A professor may not abuse his or her power on students , who are the subordinates.
(4): A professor may not favour any student or maintain any intimate relationship that may put that student at advantage over other students.
If any of these rules are allegedly broken or reported, a full investigation will be done. The University HR and legal department will be contacted and will determine the guilty or innocent status of the professor.
If found guilty, the professor will risk temporary suspension with no pay or may lose their employment as a result.

I closed the book and sighed.
This relationship with Athena would be too risky.
Not only for me but for her. This was going to be a problem. I'd have to see her once a week for the whole semester.
I shook her out of my head.
After doing a few reports and preparations for my class for next week, I began to feel hungry.
I contemplated going home to eat, but I doubt my wife would be home with dinner on the table. It's been a while since I've gone home to that.

I promenaded through the campus, looking for potential places to eat.
The campus was filled with noisy students and the smell of liquor filled the night air.
It was Friday and frosh weekend. The time for students to party before the real load of school work started.
Students shouted and chanted as they waited in line to get into the Pub.
A group of drunk girls approached.
"Hi Mister Levy Sir," one of the drunk girls said as she played with my tie. The other girls giggled.
I recognized her from the course I taught this morning.
"Miss Josephine." I nodded to her.
She giggled, obviously content that I remembered her name.
She hung over almost about to fall when I caught her.
She giggled some more.
"My hero," she said fanning herself with her hand.
I handed her back to her friends and they apologized for her behaviour.
"I hope you're taking her home,"
I said to them and they nodded in agreement.
As they carried her away, she shouted, "you're so fucking sexy Levy."
I couldn't help but laugh. These university girls were crazy.

Suddenly I began to wonder if Athena was out partying. I wondered if she had met a guy tonight, and if she too was drinking. I got this sudden urge to look for her. I always seemed to bump into her on campus.
Maybe I would visit her dorm after I ate, if I only knew which room she was in.
I wished I left some type of contact info with her.
I then remembered that every student had an university student email account. First and last name.
I got out my phone and typed her email into the senders box. Athenabailey@crownu.ca
But what would I say to her?
Even more, was the school email monitored?
I deleted the email, I couldn't take the risk.
Instead, I found a nice Chinese restaurant and decided to eat alone for dinner. Eventually I would bump into to her. If not tonight then some other time. That was our thing. We always found each other somehow.

Looking out into the dark night as I ate, I saw a drunk woman figure that looked awfully a lot like Athena...

Sorry for the short chapter, it's a bit of a fuller chapter. Anyways don't be afraid to vote and comment. Speak your mind.