Four: His Curiosity

Levy

I walked into my house and headed straight to my office. I placed my briefcase on my desk and sat in my chair.
Athena.
I couldn't get her off my mind.
She was beautiful and straightforward.
It only took two days for her to catch my attention. Two days for her to disrupt my thoughts.
I wanted to see her again.
I didn't know what it was, but her presence really affected me.
She wasn't like most students I met today. She didn't attempt to flirt or give me attention like most girl students since I started working at the university. She barely even acknowledged me.
But she wasn't different only because of the fact that I barely made an impression on her. There was something else about her.
It was something I couldn't quite explain or understand.
I went through my folder to see the class list of my Introduction to Psychology class.
There her name was the 12th name from the top. Athena Bailey.
I stared at the clear bold letters that were in front of me.
I couldn't help it. I became curious. I wanted to know more about what was behind this beautiful and outspoken woman.
So I searched her up. And on my screen appeared her Facebook page. I clicked on it and browsed through her account.
I became aware of her favourite movie, the Notebook, and her favourite book, The Pride and The Prejudice.
It seemed as though she was a sucker for romance, but had not quite experienced it.
Her pictures displayed how she volunteered with youth and children.
Posts and comments showed how she was well respected and admired by her peers.
I saw the blue velvet dress she wore to her prom, and the black dress she wore for her graduation as Valedictorian.
She was ambitious and academically driven. She applied to competing universities, but it was no surprise that she chose to attend the most prestigious one, Crown University.

The door to my office slightly opened. "Honey, are you home?" My wife peeked in and I quickly closed my laptop.
"Yes, you can come in," I said, fixing my composure.
"I didn't hear you come in," she said as she approached me with a mug in her hand. She looked exhausted due to the overwhelming shifts that she had been getting from the hospital.
"How was your first day?" She asked as she sat on my lap.
"It was good," I replied.
"Which of your courses did you like teaching the most?" She asked me.
I thought about it for a brief moment.
"My Introduction to Psychology course."
She nodded and a yawn followed after.
"Well I'm glad you had a good day," she said getting up. "I wish I could say the same."
"Did something happen at the hospital?" I asked in concern.
"I lost a patient today." Her eyes filled with sadness as they always did when she lost a patient. Even when it was not her fault, nor when there was no way that she could have saved their life, she still felt guilty. She added extra stress upon herself which had started to affect her personal life.
"I'm sorry to hear about that."
She walked towards the door.
"Are you coming to bed?" She asked.
"In a minute," I responded.
She left my office and closed the door behind her.
I opened back up my laptop and sighed. This wasn't right, I thought to myself.
I shouldn't have been feeling this way.
I closed the tabs and shut the laptop.
I then made my way up the stairs and to my bedroom, where my wife slept peacefully on the bed.
The lights were still on, evidently, she was too tired to turn them off.
I did my night routines and went under the covers.
I turn off the lights and the room grew dark.
Nothing was visible, but the thoughts in my head continued to roam around.
Thoughts of Athena haunted me that night, and I was sure that she would follow me into my dreams.

A/N. I know this chapter was short. This was just a glimpse of levy's thoughts and a bit of his life outside of the university. This was the first time I did a pov from a male character. Hoped you enjoyed it. :)