Forty Six

46.

Three days after that wonderful night we shared, Cheyenne rushed to the hospital because of another lung infection. The weather is getting colder and it made her easily got an infection that leads to serious breathing problems.

But nothing can stop me from doing what I have planned to do since the day we arrived in US. I will not allow her disease to stop me from fulfilling one of my dreams in life.

Tita Helga called me to ask if everything is set. "Are you sure there's really nothing you missed? It needs to be memorable, Keith. She should feel so special today... Hassle lang talaga 'tong business meeting na 'to! I should've been there to help you out!" She sounds frustrated because she can't make it to come and witness this day.

Natawa ako. "Tita, relax! You don't have to worry, Tito Ronnie is here. He helped me in everything. And I'm really hoping that it will turn out good."

Hindi ko maiwasang kabahan dahil sa pwedeng kalabasan. But this should be alright because she's quite better today and the doctor allowed her to get out from her room.

"This really should be documented! I can't wait, Keith! I can't!" At biglang nagbago ang tono ng boses niya na agad kinilig habang nagsasalita.

Hindi ko na napigilang humalakhak. "Tita, I will. That's already noted... Kamusta pala si Mommy?" Sana nagagawa ko ring tawagan si Mommy tungkol sa progress ni Cheyenne.

"Hindi mo kailangang mag-alala sa kanya. She's doing fine, abala sa binabalak na bagong negosyo."

But I'm relieved that her attention turned to something else and not in casino. I'm really hoping that she finally quit from that damn thing.

I told Tita Helga goodbye when I saw the time on my wristwatch. It's almost time for Cheyenne to go out. I'll just wait for Tito Ronnie's text and then I'll be in the place I need to be.

I think the weather is really cooperating because it's not too windy today unlike these past few days. The sun is also shining brightly, bringing so much light and hope for all of us. I'm very sure Cheyenne will love this perfect weather God allowed us to have.

Malayo pa lang ay tanaw ko na agad sila ni Tito Ronnie. She's in wheelchair because her body is pretty weak from the recent infection but she can now manage to sit. Itinutulak ni Tito Ron ang kanyang wheelchair palabas ng hospital.

Napakunot ang kanyang noo nang makita akong nakatayo sa gilid at may nakasakbit na gitara. Naka-mask ang mahal ko at hindi ko makikita kung ngingiti ba siya o hindi sa gagawin ko. Pero madali ko namang masasabi iyon dahil kahit ang kanyang mga mata ay nangungusap, kahit ang mga ito'y nagbibigay rin ng ekspresyon.

What's important is she will be seeing this. And I will be doing this for her.

They stop in front of me, waiting for me to start what I'm supposed to do.

"The weather's so good today beauty, I think you love this. Do you?..."

She nods as her answer.

I grin. "... Of course you do..." I stop talking when I saw her writing in a piece of paper Tito Ron provided for her.

"You're so handsome in your sweater and pants, but what's with the guitar? Manghaharana ka ba?" She asked as she showed me what she wrote.

Natawa ako sa huling sentence. "... Because I think you deserve some serenading given this beautiful weather today." And I positioned my fingers in the strings of the acoustic guitar I'm holding.