Forty Three

43.

The operation went well and I couldn't ask for more. When the nurses finally get her out from the operating room, I hurriedly approached her and kissed her forehead. She's unconscious because of the anesthesia but her face looks exhausted from the procedure and medication.

I cracked a smile and whispered something. "Thanks for being brave. I'm proud of you." I know she's a strong girl and fighting against a lifetime disease proves her determination to live and enjoy life.

"Ihahatid na po namin siya sa kwarto niya... Pakihintay niyo daw po dito sa labas si Doc." Sabi ng isang nurse na nakatingin kay Tito Ronnie.

We exchanged looks but he shrugged his shoulders and nod. "Sige na, Keith. Samahan mo na lang si Cheyenne dun. Ako na dito."

I nod and we left with the nurses.

I constantly damped wet cotton buds on her lips because it's becoming dry. She's still asleep for already four hours now after the operation.

"When do you think will she wake up, 'Ya?" Namimiss ko na yung pagdilat ng mga mata niya. Saglit lang kaming nakapag-usap bago siya operahan dahil kailangan niya ring magpahinga.

And there's a lot of things I want to say. I want to tell her my dreams. My plans for our future. I want to tell her I love her so much. I want her to know how much she means to me. I even want to give her plenty of kisses right now if only Yaya Lucing isn't here.

"Hindi ko rin alam, Keith. Ang mahalaga nama'y matagumpay ang kanyang operasyon, 'di ba?"

Wala sa loob ko ang napatango. Of course, that's all that matters to us right now.

No worries, I'll patiently wait for you to wake up, beauty.

I decided to browse on the web thru my phone while waiting for Cheyenne to wake up. The issue between me and Cheyenne is still a big deal in social media. I've read some painful comments about her on my instagram page.

Wala sila sa lugar. If only they knew that she didn't became a third party. I think Maggie never gave a statement about what's true hanggang sa makarating na lang siya sa London. And she's sick, for God's sake! Mabuti na lang at hindi siya nagba-browse ng internet these past few days. Ayokong makadagdag pa ito sa mga bagay na nagpapasakit lalo ng pakiramdam niya.

I'm replying to some of the haters' comments when I received a text message from Betsy.

"Did you check your email? The management sent you one."

And so I did. I took a deep breath when I read its content. Fucking 10M charges for breaching the contract.

Damn it!

Mariin akong napapikit bago nilingon si Cheyenne. She's still unconscious; completely unaware of what's happening to the whole world.

I know she's worth it. 10M is nothing compared to her life.

Thinking that I'll get to be with her everyday which what I really want to happen washes away all my fears and worries. Seriously, she's all I need right now.

I called our family Attorney after reading the email.

"Pwede bang sa Monday na lang tayo magkita? Nauna kasi yung Mommy mo at makikipagkita ako sa rep ng bangko bukas. Kailangan ko nang ayusin agad yun dahil kung hindi ay yung bahay niyo naman ang makukuha, Keith. Meron ding isang tao na gusto siyang ipakulong dahil hindi niya kayang bayaran yung naging utang niya." I frowned hard upon hearing what Atty. Belorde has said.

What's happening to Mommy? She'll be in jail? But why?

"What?... She has a case?" I'm missing something big! I'm missing a lot about Mom!