Close your eyes, so afraid

I kept moving in bed. Austin was asleep. I was sure everyone was.

I couldn't shake the feeling I had. Something was wrong. My babies usually move a lot more at night, but tonight they've been shy. There's not as much movement as I'm used to and I'm worried.

I sat up in my bed, touching my belly.

"Hey, babies..." I whispered. I felt a kick, but it wasn't like the other times I'd talk to them. "Austin."

I looked to my left to see if he'd wake up but he didn't. "Austin." I said a little louder. He sat up quick this time, his hands up in defense.

"What? Kellin, what's wrong? Is something wrong?"

"I don't know...I think so, I don't know, I-I need to go to the hospital...now." I spoke. I had a strong gut feeling that something wasn't right and I wasn't gonna risk it.

Austin got up off his bed and went over to the bars on the gate and banged on them.

"Hey! We need some help! Hey! Worsnop! Preciado!"

I was scared, I was trying I stay calm but I was scared.

A moment later, Worsnop appeared and opened up the gate. "What's wrong? Is he going into labor?"

"I don't know, he's just, I don't know." Austin said quick.

"I need to go to a hospital." I spoke weakly. I could feel my hands start to shake. Danny nodded and soon called for Preciado to come over. The ambulance was called and I was let out of the prison and on my way to the hospital.

Austin said he'd tell my family what happened. He said he'd call Vic.

It wasn't long before I was laying down and a nurse was checking for the heartbeat of my babies. She moved the wand around on my belly and looked at me with her eyebrows knocked together.

"Is everything okay?"

She looked at me again and pulled away the wand. "I can only hear one heartbeat right now, we're going to take you into surgery."

My eyes widened in panic. "Wait what's happening?" My eyes watered, but she only stood and told another nurse to get my doctor. She came back to me and held my hand.

"You're going to be taken into surgery for an emergency c-section, okay? Sometimes the monitor doesn't pick up on both heartbeats so it's better to be on the safe side, alright? I'm sure everything's fine." She smiled. It didn't feel genuine, I was terrified. I wanted Vic here.

I nodded as I was rolled away on the bed and down the hall to the surgical wing. My whole body shook as i was pushed past the two doors and in the surgical room. I watched my doctor enter the room and put her gloves on, a mask over her mouth as well as with the nurses who were getting everything ready.

"You ready, Kellin?" Doctor Williams asked. I shook my head.

"I'm scared." I spoke. A nurse came beside me and took my hand.

"It won't hurt, I promise." The nurse beside me spoke. She smiled down at me and gave my hand a squeeze. "Just look at me. You won't feel any pain, just some pressure, okay?"

I nodded up at her and thought about Vic. He'd want me to be strong right now. I just hoped everything was okay. I mean, my babies had to be okay, right? But I still had a month left for the pregnancy, this wasn't supposed to happen for another month.

"Okay, we're ready." 

And the surgery began.

I kept my eyes closed. The only talking was between my doctor and the nurses helping. The nurse beside me was right, it didn't hurt but I did feel a lot of pressure. I couldn't see past the big blue medical sheet covering sight of what they were doing to me. I kept my eyes closed, until I heard crying.