Part your cheeks

A/N: I've fallen asleep about five times today and only slept around twenty minutes in total today. Sigh, let me die.

Who's going to warped tour? What's your date?

There were cold, metal handcuffs around my wrists, and two officers by my side. We walked down the halls of the prison, and an unfamiliar feeling seeped in. It was one I hadn't felt since the first month I had to be here five years ago; I was genuinely and utterly terrified.

The clicking of our feet against the ground made my nerves go haywire. The closer we got to the entrance of the prison, it seemed the faster our feet would go. My thoughts were racing faster than my heart could beat and my lungs were in my throat, making it hard to breathe.

I didn't want to go in. I didn't. I couldn't. But I had no choice.

I told myself, Kellin, you need to man up. What happened to you? But then I remembered what happened to me. I got pregnant. I fell in love...I opened up and showed someone different parts of me that I didn't want anyone else to see. I found out what it's like to trust someone again, after losing that trust and building a wall around myself.

Love is so strange. I mean, it gives and it takes away. It makes you vulnerable and it empowers you all at once. You need to feel vulnerable before you can allow it to strengthen you. It changes you for the better and then you suddenly feel like you can conquer the world. That's how it felt to be in love, and I am in love.

So as we approached the door to the prison, and I got un-cuffed, my thoughts slowed down, my heart beat was steady, and my lungs let me breathe. I felt at ease, because I knew that I'd have Vic by my side, and he made me feel like I was strong enough to get through this. I could do this, for me, for him, for my family, and my grieving brother. I had to be there despite being afraid for myself and I had to make things right.

After all...revenge is sweet.

"Alright, strip search, shirt." The guard spoke. I sighed, pulling my shirt over my head. He took the shirt and handed it to a female guard, who shook it around and examined it.

"Mouth." I opened my mouth wide, an moved my tongue side to side, then pulled my lip up so he could see my gums. 

"Pants. Underwear too." I took those off too and handed them to him.

"What am I gonna bring in from the hospital?" I laughed. I knew they were required to do this, but I always thought it was stupid unless It was after visiting. Visiting time is always easiest to sneak in contraband.    

"It's procedure. You know that. Ears." He responded. I turned around and showed him the backs of my ears.

"Hair is next, I know." Then I turned back around and shook my hair, running my hands through it. He nodded before speaking again.

"Raise your arms. Then your feet." I groaned, doing as he said, then putting them down as he tapped on my shoulder. I reached for my clothes in the basket to put them back on but he stopped me.

"Uh-uh. Bend over."

"I thought maybe we could skip that. I'm fucking pregnant, how am I supposed to bend over?" I spat. He looked at me sternly and I rolled my eyes, turning my back to him and bending over.