"Nobody matches up to me."

I had been mopping up the halls right now, doing the assigned job I had in here. If it weren't for me and Travis, this place would be filthy.

"Ya' know, I fuckin' hate this job? Why can't we just work in the fuckin' library?"

"How's the library any better?" I asked.

"All ya' do is put books away! It's way betta'! Not only that, but I hear the Asian boys are makin' their business there. No one fuckin' suspects a thing! But they're makin' that money down there." Travis whispered, his hands resting on the stick of the mop.

"How do you know?" I muttered, continuing to mop.

"I just know, kid. I seen it." With that, Travis started mopping.

"I guess. I rather have the drivers position." I mumbled.

"Ah, that's neva' gonna happen, kid. Ya know it." He sighed. "Ginger bread has that spot. You think he'll give that up? Nah."

"Yea, I know, it's just a thought. Whatever, I'm done, see you 'round."

"Don't die." Travis laughed.

"You too." I smirked. I walked on back to my cell, pretty much done for today. Everyone's either spending their time freely or working in here, like they should to get out faster. I sat on my bed and drew away in my journal.

I got lost in the cartoon I was drawing, when someone cleared their throat.

"Kellin."

I looked up, finding that it was Vic wandering in to my cell. I quickly hid my journal under the mattress but he noticed.

"What's that?" He asked.

"Nothing.." I mumbled.

"Kellin, step away from the bed." Vic spoke. I sighed, walking away an letting him pull it out.

"A journal? You draw?" He asked, flipping through the pages. A small smile slipped onto his face.

"Please don't take it away, don't tell anyone." I begged. That journal was my only escape in here.

"Why would I take it away?" Vic looked confused, he set it down and stepped towards me.

"They're not allowed. Shit, the pencil isn't even allowed unless you're in the library." I laughed. "Gosh, you really are new, aren't you?"

"Oh. It's okay, I won't tell." Vic smiled. We both heard footsteps approaching us, Vic took a hold of my arm and yelled at me.

"Don't disobey orders, inmate!" I hadn't even done anything. I could see Danny watching us though, as he passed. Vic then slipped a note in my pocket as he violently threw my arm down and pushed me back.

He walked out, catching up with Danny.

I reached into my pocket, confused, I opened the small note.

"Meet me by the shed out by the garden tomorrow. Be there at 12, before lunch.

Oh, and... I can get rough too."

I bit my lip, this crazy feeling in my stomach that I shouldn't be feeling. He had me feeling like I was in high school again. I decided it was okay. I like the feeling. I just need to keep in mind not to get my hopes up. He's a guard, this won't work.

•-•

Waking up today, I only had one thing on my mind; Vic. I wanted to see him. I wanted it to be 12 already, I wanted to know if he was feeling it too. I mean, he has to be if he's okay with us sneaking around like this. Either way, with our little meet up on my mind, I became a little distracted and it was hard to keep my cool.

"Someone's happy." Austin squinted.

"What? Shut your mouth, lanky." I spat, letting my smile fall.

"You fucking him yet? That what it is?"

"No, but I will be." I smirked.

"What makes you say that?" He asked.

"Oh, I just have a feeling." I smiled, staring at the clock until it finally read 12:00 on the dot.

I got up in a flash, ready to leave the the room.

"Where are you going? Criminal minds just started." He huffed.

"I have somewhere to be, lunch is almost started anyway." I smirked. "Bye."

I kept my cool walking out to the quad, holding my head up high, the usual scowl on my face, although on the inside, I was anything but angry.

I went out to the field, making sure no one was following me, before walking to the shed. I stood by the garden like he said. He wasn't here yet. I began to think maybe he changed his mind, but then I saw him.

"Hey. Sorry I kept you waiting, got caught up." He smiled nervously, stepping closer to me as we went against the fence. I was trying to act cocky, trying to flirt with him and get him flustered because it's my thing, but...I just felt like such a school girl around him right now that all I could do was blush furiously and smile when he took my hand in his.

"What's wrong? You're not usually this quiet." He asked, his face close.

"Yea, well I don't usually hold hands with someone so attractive." I spat. He chuckled, lacing his fingers with mine.

"You know, you're very cute. It's been hard not trying anything on you this fucking month, that's for sure."

"Has it really been a month?" I asked. I felt like I'd seen him in the halls just yesterday.

"Yea, but you have been in confinement for most of it." He frowned, disapprovingly.

"You haven't like, met someone else who's not in prison have you?" I asked, ignoring what he said before I got angry. I'd rip off his fucking balls if he gave me shit for getting in trouble again. "Maybe a smarter choice?"

"Nah. I'm pretty happy with my decision. It's nerve wracking really, but it's exciting more than anything."

He stared at me nervously before he spoke again.

"I'm just stunned that someone like you could be in a place like this. And I can't keep my fucking mind away from you." Vic spoke calmly.

Again, I was speechless. But it made me angry. I wasn't supposed to have a crush on him. This was just supposed to be a good fuck and now he's gone and ruined that with sweet talk.

"Stop." I let go of his hand. "Don't fucking say that!"

I tore my gaze from him, storming away but he caught up, standing in front of me.

"Hey, hey, what happened? What did I do?" Vic questioned. He ran his hands along my arms, softly, sending sparks of electricity through me.

"God, this was a bad idea. Let's just stop. We need to stop."

"Why? We just started." He pleaded.

"It wasn't supposed to be like this. I just wanted you for a good fuck and now you've got me all fucked up! I don't do that kind of shit!"

I was raging inside, heat spreading like wildfire into my lungs.

"Hey, shhh...I know this might not be what you thought would happen...but you should have done your research, I'm not a one-night-stand type of guy and if you grabbed my attention over someone else, it's gonna be for more than just a good fuck." He scowled. He looked angry now too. "Grow some fucking balls and accept the fact that you like me."

"I don't want a relationship. Nobody matches up to me." I spoke sternly.

"But I can match you." Vic whispered. And the look he gave me was the most genuine I've ever seen. "You've met your match."

And I honestly thought he might have a point. I haven't felt this way since high school and I've been feeling this way for a while now. Maybe I should just give it a shot, you know, before he changes his mind. Before he gets scared and runs.

Before the law catches up to us.