Tension in the atmosphere

Vic had quit his job yesterday. He had explained this 'brilliant' plan to me before he left. To say I was nervous, was an understatement. There was a big part of me that knew the plan wouldn't work, but another big part of me that wanted to believe it would.

If everything fell into place like it should, then we'd be good. I had the plan engraved into my brain, I knew it like the back of my hand, but I'd have to wait two months to put it into action. I wouldn't be able to see Vic for two months. I was going to miss him, yes, but it was worth the wait. I knew that things would work themselves out in the end.

Right now, there were bigger problems at hand. Oli's gang needs to be dealt with first. He couldn't possibly think he'd get away with hurting me and not expect us to come after his gang. Maybe it wasn't part of is plan for me to survive, I was sure if he were to plan an ambush on me and my family, he'd do it with intentions of me ending up dead.

It's all we've ever wanted for each other. Death. It's been a competition since day one with him and that hasn't changed now. I should've known he wouldn't keep up with his end of the deal. He just wanted me dead, he needed people to respect him as much as they respected me. He needed to feel that power, and I know because that's how I had always felt. I missed that. I missed how afraid everyone was of me, how respected I was. They still respected me more than Oliver, but they weren't a afraid of me anymore, since I seemed delicate with a baby- two babies to worry about.

Today was an intense day though. I could feel it in my stomach when I walked out to the courtyard and wandered out to the table my family was at.

"How's mama bear feeling today?" Gabe asked, smiling at me brightly. I sat down slowly and held my belly.

"I'm...tired. Really fucking tired and I want these babies out of me." I groaned. They were in here for too long. I was starting to think they'd never come out.

"Hold up, did ya say babies?" My dad spoke up. My eyes widened when I realized I hadn't told any of them yet. Even Jacks head, who was once on the table, snapped up to look at me.

"Oh...yea, um...I'm having twins." I smiled at the thought. I looked at them nervously to see what they'd say. My dad was the first to speak.

"Jesus." He looked away from me as he rubbed at his eyes.

"Aw shit, is my brother getting all soft on me?" Gabe teased, with a laugh. My dad punched him in the arm.

"I'm just messing with you, softy." Gabe laughed, not even flinching at the pain.

"Shut up." He snapped. He looked at me, and he smiled slightly. "Can't wait to see 'em."

"Yea, this is great." Gabe grinned. "Congratulations."

"How'd Vic take it?" Jack asked quietly. He looked like hell, I could tell he hadn't slept. I frowned.

"Um...he took it well. Uh, I'm..." I dreaded saying it, but try had to know. "I'm not coming back."

"What?" Gabe laughed. "Course you're coming back, you're gonna be a daddy, there's no special treatment in prison for that."

"I know...I..." I couldn't say it. I didn't realize having my freedom and going home to my own family would tear me away from this one. I had completely dismissed it and I found myself not wanting to leave.

Gabe's smile faltered and he shook his head. My dad caught on too, and soon so did Jack.

"You're escaping." Jack whispered. I swallowed hard and nodded.

"It's, uh, it's for the best, you know? By the time I actually get out, my kids will be ten years old and in elementary school. I would have missed their whole life and I..." I was getting choked up. "I can't have that happen. I can't have them grow up without me, having to come visit me. I wouldn't be able to see Vic anymore because he'd get arrested once they'd figured it out. I need to do this and my best bet is doing it when I'm nowhere near the prison...when I have the baby."

Gabe kept a hard face, as well as my dad but he had tears in his eyes. I was the closest to him in here, besides Jack. Jack got up abruptly and left in a hurry.

"Jack, wait!" I tried. He didn't turn around, he just kept going. I sighed heavily. I knew things wouldn't go down like I wanted them to.

"Where are you even gonna go?" Gabe asked. "What money do you have? You know they'll find you and you'll end up back here eventually."

"None. Vic has everything sorted out, he's getting things ready for the kids. His brother has a shit ton of money and he's helping us. They're not gonna catch us, once we're in canada, we're go-"

"Canada?" My dad asked, incrediously. I sighed again, modding.

"I know it seems a little far stretched but it's the best option. I'm safer that way, we all are." I whispered, looking down at my belly.

"This is crazy." Gabe spoke, exasperated.

"I wanted you to know, in case we don't see each other again...I want you to know where I am. You're almost out anyways..."

"Yea, in three years." Gabe spoke. "I'm not gonna see you for that long, who knows? Maybe even longer. I can't afford a visit to canada."

"You'll have my number, Vic's number. Things will be okay. We'll keep in contact. I promise. Both of you."

"It just kills me that I've got a life sentence in here an I won't eva fucking see ya 'round here again." My dad blurted out. "You're my son, dammit."

My dad covered his face with his hands and took in a deep breath. He looked at me warily before getting up.

"Just be careful." And he left too.

Gabe got up.

"No, not you too, come on. You understand, don't you?"

"It's not great, but yea, I do. I'll be back. I'm gonna go find Jack." He mumbled.

I put my head in my hands but took it right out when I heard the prison alarms go off. I got up off the table and attempted to kneel down, my hands behind my head, since I couldn't lay like everyone else. But something caught my eye.

Jack and Jinx. They were in the middle of a knife fight and I saw Oliver approaching Jack from behind from a distance.

I got up in an instant.

A/N: Sorry I didn't update on Friday but here it is xD I kind of met a guy recently and got distracted...

Anyway! I need names for the two babies, middle names included xD give me suggestions and I might pick yours!