A Little Bit Of Remembrance

A/N: Trigger warning maybe? And I gave y'all a thousand more words than I usually do, because I didn't update yesterday. Hope it's not too long for you.

"Vic, stop walking away from me!" I yelled at him. He turned around, glaring at me to shut up. I wouldn't though, not when he wouldn't talk to me. He's been acting weird since my dad spoke to him yesterday.

"What do you want me to do, kellin?" He stopped in his tracks, getting in my face about it. "I just don't think it's the best idea for us to be seen together around too much." He glared. I didn't like the way he was looking at me. I wanted to break up with him simply from seeing the way he looked at me. Here I am, giving another relationship a chance again, AND in prison, and he's mad at me?

"You know what? Fine. Fuck off!" I yelled, not daring to let my anger get the best of me. I will not hurt him. But my anger was there an it wouldn't go away, so I settled for punching my fist hard into the wall beside him. He jumped thinking I'd hit him. "Sorry." I mumbled.

•-•

Out on the courtyard again, I wasn't sitting with anyone this time. I was still upset about earlier with Vic and didn't want to be around anyone in case I blew up.

There I am, minding my own business for once and actually calming down a little, until the heat in my body rises again and my heart rate quickens at the sight in front of me.

There's a fight, and Vic is trying to break it up. Preciado comes in to help but before he can, Vic's tackled to the ground by one of the inmates and punched multiple times. I get up in a heartbeat, my blood running cold instead of boiling like it usually does, my heart stopping instead of racing, my hands shook and for once I wasn't thinking about the other guys. I needed to get to Vic and make sure he was okay.

"Vic! Vic!" I yelled. The guards weren't paying me much attention, instead taking away the two inmates and one of them trying to clear everyone out and back inside. The alarm blared throughout the prison, but I only ran to Vic.

"Kellin go..." Vic groaned, holding his face. "I'm okay, go..."

I sighed, my shaky hands in my hair, but I left. I knew I couldn't do anything anyway. It would look bad for both of us. So instead I ran inside and went to the closet Vic and I always met in. I just hope he comes.

I waited there for minutes and minutes, every second passing had my breathing go weird and I don't know why I was freaking out so much, he was just punched. My mind raced, and I couldn't stop it; I cried out of fear.

"Fuck." I spat, the tears coming quick, my breaths fast and uneven. The closet door opened an Vic stepped through. I snapped my head up at him, not wasting a second in wrapping my arms tightly and securely around him.

"Woah...hey, hey, I'm okay." Vic whispered, my shoulders shook even with his arms around me.

"I'm sorry. I just...I'm stupid, I'm sorry." I mumbled, wiping away my tears so he couldn't see my vulnerability any longer. I really wasn't sure why I freaked out so much. That hasn't happened in a long time. I was tough by now, tough guys don't cry.

"I'm gonna kill them." I spoke, not an ounce of me meaning it to be false or stretched.

He looked at me, kissing my lips softly, before just holding me there and looking at me intently. I think he knew I wasn't exaggerating.

"You don't have to do that. I'm okay, see?" He gave me a small smile. But his eye was already swelling and his cheeks were bruised. His nose had dry blood on the side and it just made me even angrier. I should have been there sooner, why couldn't I have been there sooner?