Where Did We Go Wrong? (UsUk)

Start from the beginning

---------------- Flashback to a Few Months Ago ---------------

As of the past few years, Arthur and Alfred had been dating, but lately there seemed to be a divide between them as fights happened more and more often while the time it took to fixed them increased.

"-And where the bloody hell were you?!"  Arthur yelled as he watched the american walk into the living room at 12 am.  Alfred gave him a his usual look.

"I was out being the Hero!"  Alfred said as Arthur snorted.  Alfred raised an eyebrow.

"Artie what's with you?  You don't think I could be a hero?"  Alfred asked, some of his happiness draining away.  Arthur huffed.

"Nothing except I was waiting for you to come back so that we could go on that date you promised but said person was 6 hours late and sent no text or called or-"

"Yeah sorry dude, something came up."  Alfred said, averting his gaze.  Arthur was beginning to lose his temper.

"Something came up and you couldn't even call or bloody text me to let me know so I don't wait here thinking that some bloody accident happened and-"

"Hey!"  Alfred said, cutting him off.  "Geez I was late to one date and-"

"It wasn't one bloody date Alfred!"  Arthur said, standing from his chair and crossing his arms.  "The last one and the time before that and the bloody time before that and so on and so forth.  We haven't even seen each other much for the past few bloody months, never mind going on a proper date!"

"Oh yeah!"  Alfred said, anger rising up.  "Maybe it's cause you always act like an ass to me!"

"Oh really!"  Arthur countered.  "Maybe it's because you keep coming back smelling of perfumes and colognes!"  Alfred was taken aback but replied.

"At least I don't go out and drink all night long!"

"But I certainly let you bloody know what I'm doing!"  Arthur said, breaking Alfred's temper.

"Yeah but at least I don't drive people away by being a total distrusting, drunk ass of a loner who swears and hasn't got a good thing about him!"  Alfred yelled before he realized what he said.  He covered his mouth as his eyes widened with realization.

As for Arthur, he was stunned, his mouth agape, eyes wide.  The words that he had been told all his life by others and even by himself were painful.  But to hear them from Alfred, the only one who's ever really been around, the only one Arthur has ever opened his heart to, it felt like a knife had just stabbed him in the chest.

As Arthur felt tears welling up in his eyes, he turned and began to walk away.  Alfred reached his hand out.

"Artie-"

"No,"  Arthur said curtly, making Alfred stop his arm in midair.  "No, you're right, America."  Arthur said in a hurt voice, trying to hold in the sobs.  Alfred cringed at hearing Arthur say his country name instead of his human one.

"Ar-"

"That's England."  Arthur said, still trying to hold the hurt in.  Alfred felt pain run through him as Arthur walked into the guest room and shut the door, locking it.  And all Alfred could do was just stand there helplessly.