Chapter Twenty Seven

I couldn't take it anymore, I had to see him. Aiden is all I could think about and I forced myself to think if I could just see him one more time, it would make my thoughts be at peace.

"Aiden." I pounded on his door. "Aiden!"

He wasn't answering, I decided to try the door knob. It was unlocked, allowing me entrance. I ran inside, fearing who might have seen me outside. What if Ashton followed me again? What if he's sitting outside right now? I shook the dark thoughts away looking around for Aiden.

"Aiden?" I called out into the crammed space.

I heard a muffled groan in the direction of his bedroom. I froze, what is he doing in there? Is he alone? What if he's not and has someone in there with him? My heart tightened, grimacing from the pain. I took a deep breathe and slowly made my way to bedroom the door.

I wanted to knock but found myself twisting the knob. What I came face to face with wasn't what I expected. I was looking straight down a metal barrel, with one small gape for a shell. The gun was made for lethal doings.

"Lyrical?" I heard Aiden speak before the gun lowered slightly.

My eyes slowly drifted to look behind the man holding the weapon.

"Shit." I heard him groan quietly, sitting the gun aside.

He staggered back on the bed and that's when I noticed the beer cans scattered across the floor. The room had a awful smell, mixed with alcohol and sweat. I refrained from covering my nose, bile rising in my throat.

"Aiden." I whispered, my brows pushed together.

"What are you doing here?" He rubbed his temples.

I looked down, drinking in his naked torso. His muscles flexed with the flick of his wrist. I swallowed, my mouth watering at the sight.

"I came to see you." I whispered.

Aidens eyes drilled into me, scolding me like a open fire.

"I don't want to see you." He snapped.

I took a step back out of instinct. Clearing my throat as I blushed, turning my head sideways. Aidens dark mossy green eyes softened as they starred at me. His chest heaved, eyes closed, and head dropped back down when he sighted.

"I missed you." The words bolted out passed my lips, without my permission.

He stood up, pain clear on his features. He cautiously made his way towards me. My knees wanted to buckle but forced myself to stay standing. Aiden smelled spicy, mixed with the toxic of beer and sweat. I couldn't stop myself from inhaling again. His arms shot out to wrap over my shoulders. One hand cupping the back of my hair and the other caressing my mid back.

He pulled me into him, relief washing over me. Placing my hands to hug his back, my fingertips brushing over the thickness of his shoulder blades. Feeling him breathe in my hair.

"Why didn't you answer?" He mumbled into my hair.

I closed my eyes, "I couldn't."

He stiffened, "Couldn't?"

I sighed, pulling back just enough to look at him. "I couldn't face what I did."

He seemed to understand when my words didn't explain. He have a small low nod, before sighing.

"Leave him." Aiden words begged.

I froze, my eyes opened wide. I gulped, not knowing what to say. Aiden stepped back, putting space between us.

"Leave him." Aiden repeated with more force.

I felt my heart drop, feeling empty. Missing his touch and his warmth that eloped around me like a safe blanket.

"Aiden I-" I began but he cut me off.

"Leave him Lyrical," His eyes darkened. "Leave him and be with me. I won't treat you the way he does."

"Aiden." I whispered, doubtful.

"Why did you come here then?" He snapped.