Chapter Two

What are friends for other then having your back?

Chapter Two:

"Hey Lyrical!" My best friend greeted.

Smiling, "Hey Justin."

"I booked you a spot. You'll be next to go up on the stage. The sight seer is in the back booth in the corner." He nodded his head in the direction of the man.

I spotted him quickly, dressed in formal clothing. A grey suit, black tie, and nice dress shoes. He looked around his fifties, his grey hair almost giving him a wise look. A black cane rested next to him.

Turning back to face Justin, "Thank you."

I was beyond grateful to have him as my friend.

"Any time Lyrical." He grinned back at me, his pearl white teeth bright.

"Give a hand for Miss Lana everyone!" The stage director clapped for the girl that walked off. "Now welcome our very own Lyrical!"

The crowd clapped and stood excited. Lana waved to the crowd as she exited. Taking a deep breathe, and tightening my hold on my guitar.

"Your up Lyrical," Justin smiled, "You'll be amazing. Don't let you're nervous get the best of you."

"Thanks." I grumbled, nervously chewing on my guitar pick.

With the last encouraging words from Justin, I went on stage. Fixing the microphone in place, making sure everything was right. For my performance. With all eyes glued on my form, I slowly sat on a stool with my guitar in hand beginning to play some notes.

"I know you won't be happy," I sung softly almost an whisper, "Until I'm flying across the sky."

I glanced at the man in the back, seeing he lean forward in his seat. Hoping in all Gods generosity that was a good sign. I could only pray the talent scout would be interested in me and my music.

My voice became more powerful, matching the tone of the melody. I kept singing and plucking on the strings until my song was finished. My finger tips were sore and red by the time I was finished. My throat being a little dry. Everyone cheered, clapping loudly with grins sporting on their features.

I moved hair from my eyes, it actually being a nervous habit. Looking up at Justin, him giving two thumbs up. Unable to prevent the grin from spreading widely across my features.

"Thank you everyone." Speaking into the mic then leaving the stage in a rush, a tight hold around my guitar.

My stomach had stopped swirling with butterflies by the time I made it to Justin. I've performed so many times in this little beat up bar. With stains on weird places and waitresses the age of my grandmother. However, no matter how many times I get up on that stage I'm a nervous wreck. 

"Another jaw dropping performance Lyrical." The stage director called out, collecting everyone's attention once more.

I was happy to have him regain the attention of the crowd.

"New song?" Justin smiled, cheeky.

"Yeah, I wanted tonight to be a new one." I replied timidly smiling back, "Hopefully it will help me get a new start on this becoming a professional singer thing."

"Miss?" A deep voice spoke from behind me.

I turned to find the talent scout to be standing in front of my eyes. He looked more initiating up close, fiddling with my guitar silently. My nervous sky rocketed and my heart raced. The man held a cane in his left palm, the sleek black marble rod hitting the floor. It was beatitudes and could be used as a deadly weapon. I swallowed nervously at the thought.

"Hello." I said politely, giving a small smile.

Tucking a piece of stray hair behind my ear.

"My name is Mitch Garret and I'm a manager for talented people like your self." He held out a hand for me to shake.

"Lyrical Erikson." I introduced myself then shook his hand lightly.

His hand wrinkled and slightly chilled to the touch.

"Well Miss Erikson, you have talent I give you that. Do you have anyone looking out for your career though?" Mr. Garret asked.

Before I could even think of what to say Justin saved me.

"No she doesn't." Justin replied, "My name is Justin Steinfiled, Lyrical is.."

Mr. Garret cut him off, "Your her boyfriend I presume."

I laughed heartily, "Oh no. Justin is my friend, he's like a brother more then anything."

Justin chuckled in Mr. Garret's suspense, "We are strictly best friends."

"My apologies Miss Erikson, Mr. Steinfield." Mr. Garret quickly said, his cheeks tinted a light pink.

"Please call me Lyrical." I smiled at the aged man.

He nodded friendly, "Lyrical."

"Now back to business." Justin spoke becoming professional straightening his spine, "You were saying you wanted to become her manager?"

"Justin." Nudging him in his ribs, disapprovingly.

"Lyrical he's right." Mr. Garret included standing straighter as well and running his hand over his suit, "I would love to set up a proper business meeting with you and talk about making a brand for yourself."

Blushing red, "Really? I mean...er...I think that would be great."

This man probably has dozen of clients. He also probably knows how to make it in this type of business. Here I am a stuttering jabbering mess.

"We can meet you tomorrow over coffee." Justin said, saving my ass from further embarrassment.

"Alright then." Mr. Garrett grinned happy. "See you both tomorrow."

With a shake of hands, Mr. Garrett turned and left.

"Damn it Justin!" I snapped.

I was beginning to panic.

"What?" He looked at me cautious.

I think my heart is going to explode and my minds going to bust with the outcome of events.

"Why in the hell did you tell him I would meet him tomorrow? What if I had plans? Maybe I wanted to pretend I had a gig or something."

In all honestly I was just scared.

"Well because you have the talent to become something big, it's your dream. An because you have tried to get other managers to notice you and they never did long enough to sign you. He is the firsts person to give you a real shot. If you had plans then cancel them, this is big for you Lyrical." His face showing how serious he was. "I'm your best friend. I'm here to help you and be there for you."

Sighing, "Your right. I'm sorry, I'm just...nervous."

"It's all going to be okay." His smile reassured me.

Justin put an arm around my shoulders hugging my from the side.

"I hope your right." I forced a smile for his sake.

Vote!

Now this story will soon be turning into pretty dramatic and very adult mature.

So be aware!

And do not forget to VOTE!