Chapter Seventeen

Don't be a silent reader!!! Comment and vote!!! Commenting and voting gets you chapter dedications!!! You can play this song after, before, or when you see a *🎶* But I recommend after reading. :)

Thanks!

Chapter Seventeen

"Lyrical how have you been?" Mr. Garrett smiled.

"I've been better." I forced a smile.

Ashton nudged me, warning.

"Nephew what brings you here?" Mr. Garret eyes traveled to Ashton.

"I've come to see my girl sing and support her with her firsts music video." Ashton wrapped a firm arm around my shoulders.

Mr. Garrett looked between us, "Alright, but stay out of the cameras view."

He must have noticed the tension between us. Ashton and I had a big fight causing Ashton to push me and bust my head open.

"Where should I get ready?" I wrapped my arms around my torso.

"I'll walk you there, you'll be working with a guitar soloist. His name is Bobby, he will be sitting on a stool next to you. We should start recording soon." He explained.

"Okay sounds good." I nodded.

The song I would be singing would be perfect for my current situation. Maybe Ashton would hear what I wanted so desperately to say to him. Maybe he would love this song as much as I do.

"Are you ready?" The film maker, a dark haired woman asked.

I nodded, pulling my hat over the stitches comfortably. I didn't want the stitches to be showing for the world to see. I walked out of my dressing room. Ashton meeting me as I walked to the small stage.

The guitarist, Bobby already set up on the small stage. Cameras were placed for recording.

"I don't think he should be sitting so close to you." Ashton quietly growled.

"He's not that close." I replied, reassuring him.

Ashton sent a glare at me then yelled, "Uncle!"

"What is it Ashton?" Mr. Garrett asked worried.

"I want him further away from her." Ashton ordered.

"What are talking about boy?" Mr. Garett snapped.

"Move his chair away or this is video is over." Ashton hissed.

"What? No!" I tried to protest but the two men ignored me.

"She will be breaking her contract if she doesn't do this video." Mr. Garret stepped in Ashton's face and I was scared a fight would happen.

"Ashton," I eased in front of him. "I'll have them move his seat further away. It's okay, I'll fix this. I just want you happy." I kissed his cheek and ran to the set director.

"I need his chair moved further away from mine." I explained to the director.

He frowned, "For what reason?"

I nibbled on my bottom lip thinking of a lie. "I need room to interact with my soul."

He raised a brow, "That shouldn't be a problem then. I'll just make sure the lighting and cameras are set."

I went to my place, sitting on my stool. As the camera followed Bobby's movements I took a deep breathe.

*🎶*
My eyes meet Ashton's as I tuned into my soul. "From walking home and talking lows. Seeing chirps in evening clothes with you." I began to sing, glancing at Ashton. "From nervous touch and getting drunk."

A flashback of Ashton drunk and forcing me to remove my clothes came in my mind. I tried to push the image away but it stayed until the next line.

"To staying up and waking up with you."

I remembered the firsts morning I woke up next to him. I remembered his deep voice and the way he pulled me close when he said good morning and kissed me.

"Now we're slipping near the edge, Holding something we don't need. Oh, this delusion in our heads is gonna bring us to our knees."

The memory of the first time we did coke together flashed in my head. The utter high and relax sensation it gave me.

"So come on, let it go. Just let it be. Why don't you be you and I'll be me?" I brung my hands to my chest, "Everything that's broke, leave it to the breeze. Why don't you be you and I'll be me?" I starred at Ashton, begging him to hear my pleads, my arms reached out forward. "And I'll be me?"

"From throwing clothes across the floor. To teeth and clothes and slamming doors on you."

I recalled an argument me and Ashton had once, where he tossed all my clothes all around his room. I had ran away from him as he chased after me. I ran into a bathroom, slamming the door in his face. His screams of anger coming from behind his gritted teeth. Telling me how I was nothing but a whore, how I was worthless, and how I was going to be alone forever.

"If this is all we're living for, then why are we doing it, doing it, doing it anymore?"

I closed my eyes for a brief moment, letting images of the words roll off my tongue.

"I used to recognize myself. It's funny how reflections change. When we're becoming something else, I think it's time to walk away."

I remembered my friends and I as we had laughed and joked with one another. I missed my friends more then anything but I had to push them away. They would never understand the love me and Ashton have.

"So come on, let it go. Just let it be. Why don't you be you and I'll be me?
Everything that's broke, leave it to the breeze. Why don't you be you and I'll be me?"

I glanced back at Ashton and was scared at the blank mask he wore. Beginning to think he wasn't enjoying my song.

"And I'll be tryna fit your hand inside of mine. When we know it just don't belong." I cupped my face in my hands, "There's no force on earth, could make me feel right, no whoa."

I seen Ashton clench his jaw, I looked away. Watching him from the corner of my eye.

"Tryna push this problem up the hill. When it's just too heavy to hold. Think now is the time to let it slide. So come on, let it go, just let it be. Why don't you be you and I'll be me?"

I got the courage to look back at him, his eyes seem to be a swarm of uncertain emotions. I locked eyes with him. Breathing in a big amount of air to sing the next lines.

"Everything that's broke, leave it to the breeze. Let the ashes fall, forget about me. Everything that's broke, Leave it to the breeze. Why don't you be you and I'll be me?"

I inhaled a deep breathe, "And I'll be me? And I'll be me."

Vote!

Comment!!!!

Hope you enjoyed this chapter and the music :)

And yes "Lyrical" is who is singing in the video. Better known as Hailee Steinfield