Chapter Four

Chapter Four

"So is there anything else you would like to put in Mis-"Mr. Garret stopped, "Lyrical?"

"I think that covered everything." I smiled.

By the end of our meeting, I was more comfortable around Mr. Garrett. He still had the habit of calling me Miss Erikson, but with me correcting him and telling him to call me Lyrical, he got a little more used to the idea. This is what I always wanted, what I dreamed of. I wasn't letting anything stop me now. Mr. Garret was my savior in a sense and I'll be grateful to him.

"Good, good." Mr. Garrett said. "So to be brief, your contract with me will cover all the things we have discussed. I will get fifteen percent of your uprising career assets and nothing over. You will get paid for everything you do such as appearances with the deduction of my percentage. The price of any recording studio you use and equipment will get paid from any payment you receive from albums or any other assets."

I nodded agreeing. Even with us going everything it still felt unreal that I'm finally being accepted in the music industry.

"What will she have to do to become noticed by the social media and other things?" Justin asked the one thing we hadn't covered.

To be honest I hadn't gave it much of a thought but now I felt as I should have been the one to ask.

"I have a business associate so to speak that can help Lyrical get noticed by the media." Mr. Garrett answered. "I must warn you, your life will be in the spot light. Every mistake you ever made and will make will be plastered on magazines and other social expansions. Your family life, friendships, home life and childhood. The media and paparazzi will constantly be nagging you."

I gulped, I never thought of that either. I'm so unprepared and a little scared. Will my life actually change that much?

"She can handle it." Justin smiled at me. "She will have support from all her friends."

"That brings me to your love life." Mr. Garrett became serious once again. Straightening his spine and smoothing his tie, "You two will be labeled as a couple. They will think something is going on with you two even before your even labeled as such." Mr. Garrett turned towards my best friend. "Justin, your life will be effected as well. You will have strangers taking pictures of you at every time."

Justin quickly spoke shrugging, "Lyrical has dreamed of this for as long as I have known her. They can say whatever they want about me, it doesn't matter."

I had never been so grateful for him but in this moment.

"If you have any ex boyfriends that ended badly, they will try their best to make you look bad too Lyrical. If you have enemies, which we all do, they will try to get noticed as well. Good or bad, they will talk about you to anyone that will listen and give them their five minutes of fame." Mr. Garrett said in a stern voice. "The industry is tough, and hard to stay in."

"I want this." I said honestly, "This is what I have dreamed about like Justin said. I'm not letting my fears hold me back."

"You have sprit Lyrical I give you that, but this is a place that breaks people." Mr. Garret said. "I hope it doesn't break you."

I didn't know what to say, so I ate the last piece of my turtle truffle and drunk the last sip of my coffee.

"Thank you Mr. Garrett." Justin said, signaling the meeting was over.

"Thank you both for meeting me again. I'll be in touch and we will meet again when I have prepared the official contract." Mr. Garret shook both our hands then left.

"Well that was..." Justin let his sentence unfinished.

"Nerve wracking? Intense? Amazing? Unreal? Scary?" I supplied.

"That pretty much sums it up." Justin chuckled.

We left a tip on the table then left the coffee shop. I couldn't stop thinking about what Mr. Garrett said. Would my life be that public? Would people try to make me out as a horrible person? Would my ex boyfriends and so called enemies drag me through the dirt?

"Justin?"

"Yes Lyrical?" He asked.

"You don't have to go through with this." I mumbled.

"Go through with what?" He frowned.

"With our friendship. If and when I get noticed, and I'm getting thrown to the wolves you don't have to be involved. Your my best friend, I can't stand to see if someone tainted your name. If the paparazzi labels us as a love interest you won't be able to have a normal life. It might even mess up any chance of dating someone." I all but cried my heartache of possibly hurting my best friend.

"Or all the women will throw them selves at me." He winked laughing.

"Justin I'm serious." I tried to hold back my smile.

"Then I'll deal with it. This isn't about me, it's about you." Justin pulled me into a side hug.

"Are you sure?" I asked, eye balling him.

"Oh I am sure." He softly smiled which I returned grateful for having such a kind friend.

Now there is the beginning to Lyrical's uprising of fame! I have never written anything like this so excuse any missed used words or wrong choices.

I'm not even sure if that's what you'd talk about with a manager in that type of situation but the words just flowed from my finger tips so...

COMMENT!

VOTE!!!!