Chapter 18

Carly had stayed two nights and two days in the school. She set an alarm for 7:30 wake up and hide in an empty classroom until school was dismissed. She finally had an idea. She would grab a little money from her savings and take the bus to Manhattan where she grew up. Her home might have still been there. She couldn't stay in the bathroom.

So when she ran back to Chase's and grabbed $400, she ran out into the cold streets. October was a cold month. It was already October, 19th. And she was so worried she would freeze to death. She held anger in like no one else did. That's the only thing that kept her warm. Her body heat radiated from anger.

Chase taught class again. But he missed seeing Carly. He was worried about her. He did say things he shouldn't have but he was beating himself up over it. He wasn't the same man everyone knew. He really missed her. They'd gone looking for her but she was nowhere to be seen.

Macy told them about the house her parents use to live in. So Chase decided he'd go after her, in a few days. He wanted her to stop being so angry. He wanted her to forgive him. But he knew she was very upset. And it would take more than two days to get over it. It would take at least a week.

Carly pulled up at her old town house. It looked in shape, a little grown up with vines, but what would you expect for a house her parents were murdered in? They condemned it a long time ago. Right after the murder. Carly paid the taxi driver $75 for the fair and hopped out. She was almost not ready to go inside.

She stepped into the door, seeing no change in the place. Just a little dust here and there. The furniture was still there, but turned over from the fight. She went upstairs Into her old room. The bed was made, but a little dusty from no cleaning. The floors were still solid but there was musty smells all through the room. She walked to the other bedroom, nothing changed. It looked like it was, kept up. She noticed a soda can sitting by the bed. The sell date on it was November 4th, 2016. This was new. Someone had been here.

She went to the bathroom and even it was clean. So then why wasn't the living room? She put her bags down in her old room and laid her self on her old bed. She knew someone had been living here. It only took an hour to get here. So maybe someone she knew was living here.

She heard a thump from downstairs. She jumped up and quietly snuck out of her room and down the steps. It was coming from the living room. Her blood was pumping. She knew someone was here. When she got to the bottom step she looked to her left and seen exactly who she wasn't looking for.

Blonde hair, slim woman. She knew her. She stepped off the bottom step making the floor screech. The person who had just fixed the couch,  turned around. She couldn't believe it. It was a miracle.

"Carly."

"Mom."

This was surreal. She thought it may have been a mirage but she knew her mother was still alive. She slowly walked towards her her mother dropped the two bags she held in her hand. She ran to her embracing her in her arms. They hugged like they hadn't seen each other in years.

"Oh Carly I missed you," she said. Carly was in happy tears.

"I missed you mom," she said. She was so ready for a new start with her mother. She needed her mother after what Chase said. So that's what she got.

"You live here now," Carly said letting go. She nodded and began telling her what happened how she got the job lived there for months and she didn't have time to clean the place up. Carly knew she could do it.

"I'll help my power allows me to move things with my mind," she said. Marcy was so thrilled. She told her that she would love for them to bond over cleaning. And that's what they did. The rest of the day consisted on, cleaning.

Carly moved the vines to side of the house. She made the house look new. Then she moved the furniture and her mom could do anything so she cleaned the house using no hands. They made it look homely. In less than a day. They were done by 8 that night. And Carly was happy to have her mom back.

They talked about everything. Carly asked where she was. Marcy had been hiding in Peru. She recently moved back a year ago, living from place to place. Carly was fascinated by her. She had missed her mom. And her mom changed history.

"By the way, um can I, live here, with you," Carly asked. Her mother smiled at her, but she knew she'd be an hour away from her friends.

"Car, I don't think that's a good idea, see you need Macy and the rest of your friends to protect you and you protect them," she said. Carly didn't know what to say about that, she knew her friends needed her but did she need them?

"Mom I don't want to be away from you again," she said. Marcy grinned.

"Oh sweetheart, I love you so much but I can visit you or you could visit me, I can allow you to stay a few days but after that you must go back," she said. Carly understood. It was for their protection. Especially since Darvis had arrived.

"Oh and another thing, Darvis, isn't the only one who came back for revenge," Marcy told her. Carly was confused.

"Victoria has been reborn."