Chapter 14

As a cat Macy could get into small areas. She could stake him out and catch him. When she was all ready to go, she jumped out the window into the wet streets. She walked a few blocks but seen nothing. Then she turned into an alley but still nothing. As she roamed she could smell fresh meat, blood. She figured it was from a wild animal that might have been mauled up.

She then heard screams from he left. Down by the old fire station. She ran as fast as she could to see what was going on. She then seen what she wished she hadn't seen a young girl, black hair, was being murdered in front of her eyes. She meowed loudly and the guy turned around. He seen the cat and the woman slowly moved. She kept growling. The man continued towards her. The woman ran, hiding behind one of the dumpsters.

The man looked around seeing she was gone and Macy his in sight where she could follow him. He cussed under his breath and began walking away from the scene. Macy followed closely not to be seen. She followed him a few blocks then down a back alley and Into a neighborhood that reeked of blood and death. He stopped at an old worn down grayish house.

He stepped inside turning his lights on and taking his hoodie off, throwing it in the chair. She couldn't see his face she was to far from him. She jumped upon the window pain only her eyes were noticed. She got a closer look at the man.

Who she seen, was unreal. It frightened her. It couldn't be after all these years and centuries he was still alive. She had to report this to the group. She had to tell them. He knew her, he knew the witches. He fell in love with one so he was killing them all.

She ran as fast as she could back to her friends. When she got inside she shifted back but didn't realize she was nude. But in front of everyone. Sylvia hurried to her with a blanket she wrapped herself in it.

"You will not believe who I just seen," she panted. The group listened for her response.

"Darvis."

"Wait Darvis as in the guy who's step brother fought against him for Thealine," Sam asked. She nodded.

"He hated that the witch chose Harlos so he swore revenge after being killed. He is back to kill all witches, even though they really aren't witches," she spoke. That took everyone by surprise. What was sad was, Carly had seen him before, in her dream. She was nine.

"Okay how do we stop him," Sam asked. Carly spoke.

"With kindness and peace never vengeance," she said. That was confusing to them all.

"Get inside his head, know him," she said. She knew what to do, exactly what to do.

"Macy are there shape-shifters all over the world, maybe one who can't shift into anyone," she asked Macy thought about it.

"Yes one person but she lives in England," she said.

"We need her," Carly said. She had a great plan.

While Macy was contacting her source Sam an Carly were on the kitchen talking at the table. Chase was talking to Macy upstairs. Sam and Carly had been discussing her plan to make the shifter into Thealine and remind him of why she chose Harlos. Maybe he would change for her. If he truly loved her he would do anything for her.

"Great plan Carly," Sam said. She smiled at him. She smiled Back.

"So I was wandering when this is over, do you wanna go out, on a date," he said.

"I don't know Sam I mean you're a great friend but we don't know what's going to happen," She said. He nodded.

"Yeah it was stupid of me to ask huh," he said. She placed her hand on his. Chase almost walked in.

"No not at all I'm just trying to keep us safe, right now we need each other," She said. Chase thought they were talking about them two together. His heart dropped.

"Yeah you're right I'll be by you no matter what," Sam said. She nodded. Chase felt hurt.

"And I'll be by you," she said Chase walked away, "as friends."

They both agreed to be nothing more than friends. Everyone else had to stay there so the girls shared one room, two in the floor two on the bed. And the guys shared the other room besides Chase. Carly decided she was going to sleep in the living room on the couch. Macy turned into a cat so she could sleep on the head of the couch.

The night was slow. She barely slept any. Macy slept pretty good. Chase stayed up thinking about Carly. Sam and the guys were asleep before midnight. The girls were too. But Carly and Chase stayed up. Carly got up from the couch to get her a cup of coffee. Maybe she could stay up all night.

Chase walked into the kitchen. Half dressed. His chest was so bare and he had a four pack. He must have worked out. Carly turned to see him in black sweats. He grinned at her.

"Can I make you some coffee," she asked. He nodded. He was still hurt over her and Sam. And they were only friends.

"Something on your mind," she asked. He thought about telling her.

"Just this whole thing is just crazy, and strange that a three thousand year old man can be alive," he said. She nodded agreeing With him.

"So you and Sam huh?" He asked she was confused.

"We are friends, yeah surprised me too," she said.

"Oh I thought you two were like-"

"No, I told him I wanted us to just stay friends, he's understanding and knows I don't like him in that way," she explained. He nodded in his head he was smiling.

"So anyway, Carly if you don't mind, I'd like two spoons of sugar and half a cup of creamer," he said. She fixed his coffee and gave him the cup. He liked it.

"Well goodnight Carly," he said placing his empty cup in the sink.

"Goodnight Chase."