Chapter 12

They were all on their way to see the director. She hadn't said a word about the dream or the mirror. Chase knew something was wrong but he didn't beg her for answers. When they arrived, it was 12pm. The museum didn't close until 3pm. They had three hours to find the director and ask him about her heritage.

What luck they were in, he was standing in the front waiting for tourists to come in. When he seen her he got stiff. He knew her mother and her grandmother.  He knew who she was and what she was. And something told her she knew that he had known.

"We need to talk to you," Carly spoke. Chase looked at her and then back to the director.

"Right I knew this day would come, follow me," he said leading them through. He stopped at z door marked "Director Max."  When they got inside he sat down at his desk. The room had four chairs in front of his desks. It had two book shelves.

"Listen I'm cutting right to the chase here, the other day when you freaked out, what was that about," Carly said. Chase was beside her and Macy was looking at the books.

"I suppose I can't hide this any longer," he said pulling a picture of her grandmother and him out of his pocket. She looked closer and realized they knew each other.

"Me and your grandmother were in love, we were for years, when she was 32 and I was 35 we married," he paused to take the picture back and handed her another of a baby and him.

"When she was 35, we had a little girl, we named her Marcy, you're mother," he stopped to take the picture back. Macy stopped and began listening to him.

"When my dear Caroline was 48 she was killed by the witch hunters, they came into my home and murdered her, but I was away so they never found me," he said, "Marcy was safe, she hid from them, knowing she'd be killed too."

"So you're my grandfather."

"Yes I am love," he said. She was so confused. Chase knew it made since for him to not say anything. She'd understand but still question why he never said anything. Why he didn't tell her to begin with.

"So why didn't you tell me this," Carly asked. He sighed.

"I know how it must seem but I did it so that you wouldn't get hurt," he said. Carly wasn't buying it.

"No you did it so you wouldn't get hurt, so if anything happened to me you wouldn't feel the same as you did with Grandma and mom," she said. He agreed to that too. But he went further into detail.

"The thing is, the man than killed you mother and my Caroline, had been around for centuries, and I didn't know how to kill him myself, so I never showed who I truly was to anyone, thy kill the Harrison's families too," he said.

She knew all to well. They didn't know she existed. She wasn't in the house, she was outside hiding. Her mother had prepared her for it. But the witch hunter knew every Harrison had another child. He wanted that line ripped from the seems.

"How do we stop him," she asked. Chase budded in.

"Carly look we can't just go after him, we must be patient and train, make sure we are ready," he said. She knew that and she told him.

"To kill a witch hunter takes something no woman or man has been able to find in themselves for years because vengeance is the only thing they can think of," Max said. She knew what it was. But she didn't know if it would work.

"The kindest heart and patience, but what sense does it make for me to be nice to him, he wants to kill us," Carly said. Max knew what was meant.

"It means, get him to reveal himself, talk to him but not in a harsh tone show no fear, go in head strong, bravery and patience, tell him the secrets he wants to hear," Max said. So he wanted I hear her say it?  As much as she wanted to say it she wasn't a witch. She came from a long line of Greeks.

"Okay, so is there a book on this?" She asked. He laughed and told her no.

"It comes from within my love you'll know what to do," he said. She was a true Harrison. And he was leaving out one detail. She was to have a child when she is 23.

"Okay I think we've heard all we need to know," she said. She got up after Chase. Chase and Macy was already out the door. And for some reason, Carly stayed behind for a minute.

"Carly, you're mother and I spoke often of you, I'm glad I finally got to see you," Max said standing up. She stared at him for the longest.

"Yeah me too," she said walking out the door.